• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Late October/Early November disco and banter thread

CoastalWx

He seems to think he hit 70mph. Was meh imby. Only had a 47mph gust which was just short of Irene's top gust for me.

You still w/out power? Tough night to have no power.

still no power, staying at a friend's. bdl's highest gust was 62. his highest gust was probably in the low 50's

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely shot, dont care if I see another tree for the rest of my life.....the only good thing that has come out of this disaster is I have enough wood for years to come. Ove 500 homes without power which does not include the beach area where 672 homes have been damaged and power is coming back on one at a time after being inspected. Still no school, with 19 roads blocked by trees, poles and down wires.

Need this nor'easter like a hole in the head, just want a return to normalcy and some warm weather for all these folks who are not in there homes.

Absolutely shot, dont care if I see another tree for the rest of my life.....the only good thing that has come out of this disaster is I have enough wood for years to come. Ove 500 homes without power which does not include the beach area where 672 homes have been damaged and power is coming back on one at a time after being inspected. Still no school, with 19 roads blocked by trees, poles and down wires.

Need this nor'easter like a hole in the head, just want a return to normalcy and some warm weather for all these folks who are not in there homes.

Unacceptable. How can that be.

Unacceptable. How can that be.

I keep hearing this.........we have 100 crews here in town working 24/7 all day everyday, the tree damage in the northern part of town is PROLIFIC, you have streets where almost every power pole is on the road, they have done an unbelievable job considering the devastation up in the Greenfield Hill area..........as our first selectman said in his daily speech today, we were absolutely without a doubt the hardest hit town in Ct. It is what it is.

I keep hearing this.........we have 100 crews here in town working 24/7 all day everyday, the tree damage in the northern part of town is PROLIFIC, you have streets where almost every power pole is on the road, they have done an unbelievable job considering the devastation up in the Greenfield Hill area..........as our first selectman said in his daily speech today, we were absolutely without a doubt the hardest hit town in Ct. It is what it is.

agreed..the street behind me just got the power back-every pole had to be reset. Mounds of debris lining every road....

I am actually surprised that there are "only" that many w/o power considering the damage reports...

The 2008 ice storm had lots of people w/o power for two weeks+ with no coastal issues, winds, etc.

This is our generations 1938

Yeah that's the thing. Some of those Fairfield County towns have so many downed trees on each road and snapped poles it's taking crews an eternity to fix one individual road.

It's the price a lot of us pay to live in the suburbs where things are densely wooded with privacy between homes. I can take a week without power once a decade or so for the beauty of our state.

Yeah that's the thing. Some of those Fairfield County towns have so many downed trees on each road and snapped poles it's taking crews an eternity to fix one individual road.

It's the price a lot of us pay to live in the suburbs where things are densely wooded with privacy between homes. I can take a week without power once a decade or so for the beauty of our state.

Even without crews, many times you see people just using their own chainsaws and cutting through. That's surprising to me, but I don't live there.

I am actually surprised that there are "only" that many w/o power considering the damage reports...

The 2008 ice storm had lots of people w/o power for two weeks+ with no coastal issues, winds, etc.

This is our generations 1938

I have no idea when people will get power back at the beach.......we took a drive up in the northern part of town on Sunday, there were side streets that were completely lifeless, literally power poles stacked across the road and transformers lying in the street. The power crews have done an AMAZING job...and they are from everywhere, literally from every corner of the country besides the NW.

I have no idea when people will get power back at the beach.......we took a drive up in the northern part of town on Sunday, there were side streets that were completely lifeless, literally power poles stacked across the road and transformers lying in the street. The power crews have done an AMAZING job...and they are from everywhere, literally from every corner of the country besides the NW.

Hydro Quebec and some tree company from Iowa was working on Route 1 here yesterday, hopefully they can head a little further south and help out down there next.

Archived