12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Late October/Early November disco and banter thread

CoastalWx

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah this upcoming pattern is absolutely frigid out west and in the N plains. We'll have to be on the warm side for now, but no vortex in the dreaded areas these days. So that is nice to see and gives some legit reasons to think this Aleutian ridge can have plenty of room to build poleward and we set up a nice La Nina pattern by late November.

We havent had the AK vortex since September...perhaps finally we have flushed it.

How is Siberia looking?

Dark at 5pm its so depressing, thankfully days start getting longer in a few short weeks,can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

If by few short weeks you mean few months. We've just begun the darkest 3 month period of the year. Really isn't a noticable increase in light until the end of January. So it's not looking good if you're already depressed on day 1 of DST ending. Personally this is my favorite time of year, the run up through the holidays..

So how long does the torch pattern last? Are we talking 2-3 weeks? Weeklies weren't that warm that long

Hopefully no more than a couple of weeks. Once December hits the cold and snow better come full force. Besides Scooter said that the pattern the euro ensembles are advertising would be a good one for us come December.

It's November 5th. I don't know what people expect, but realistic snow chances for many won't start until after mid month over the high terrain anyways....and that is pushing it.

It's like this every year, and the Octobomb didn't help matters. I don't get too excited about chances until Thanksgiving. But ... weenies gon' ween.

Archived