• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Late October/Early November disco and banter thread

CoastalWx

Fun to have our first storm with mild (no pun intended) potential to bring a little snow to SNE. As far as Scott (PF) goes, no need to fret. If he doesn't cash in here, he will soon enough.

Also, it's fun how once we hit November, the climatological odds of getting snow increase measurably on a daily basis. So,sit tight boys and girls.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My forecast from BOX clearly (as it should) is playing the most likely scenario, i.e., mostly rain;

Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain. Cold with highs in the upper 30s. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Wednesday Night: Cloudy with a chance of rain and snow. Lows around 30. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Thursday: Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Cold with highs around 40.

Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain. Lows in the lower 30s. Chance of rain 40 percent

euro is a fairly significant event. damaging wind along the coast and by the looks of it a good dump of snow for the Berks.

and looking at the ec ens mean, i'd think there are some members west like the op so it may have some legs.

Really? Just looking at the 850s it looks a bit too warm to me. Close though.

i don't see how a lot of us don't see snow from this ESP with Gefs and Euro ens

I can think of about a million different ways we don't. It's possible we'll see some but we will need to thread the needle. A bit more wiggle room for the Berkshires and Litchfield Hills but nothing really jumps out at me as too exciting right now.

Looks pretty run-of-the-mill to me. If a stronger Euro-esque solution verifies maybe something more exciting but for the most part I think the cast majority of SNEers will see a meh rainstorm on Wednesday.

I made a crude animated GIF of Euro surface wind depiction which has proven to be underdone. This depicts a solid 24 hour long fetch which will directly impact the NJ coast. this is a wave making machine depicted. Certainly in prior years this would be run of the mill, but with the exposure now to Ocean flooding extreme, this depiction would be very severe to already devastated shoreline communities.

Yeah especially on the NJ shore. I'm not really worried about the Sound to be honest.

Yea tides are low, direct Ocean exposures have to worry, seas forecast near 10 feet with onshore component for eroded dune areas in areas where recovery and restoration projects are in place = not good. I would imagine the areas nearest BI Sound such as Mystic to New London would be more prone to wave action and energy.

Yea tides are low, direct Ocean exposures have to worry, seas forecast near 10 feet with onshore component for eroded dune areas in areas where recovery and restoration projects are in place = not good. I would imagine the areas nearest BI Sound such as Mystic to New London would be more prone to wave action and energy.

Really? They're very well protected... it's almost impossible to get decent waves/swells in there.

Archived