Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Sandy OBS

SquatchinNY

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rain cutoff is going to look like some of our recent snowstorms

Yeah, it's pretty clear that we're not even gonna get that much rain here. The wind is fun though. Pretty wild out there now. Gusts 50-60. I think we're getting a break in the north-central Jersey to NYC area though. Clearly the worst is to the south.

Huge jump in # of google hits on my site right now as the One57 thing has happened (pics before storm: http://www.newyorkyimby.com/2012/10/one57-dominating-central-park-skyline.html)

That crane can actually crash into another building below. This is insane. I was following skyscrapercity to see what they were doing about all these construction cranes because I thought that something like this could actually happen.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that we're not even gonna get that much rain here. The wind is fun though. Pretty wild out there now. Gusts 50-60. I think we're getting a break in the north-central Jersey to NYC area though. Clearly the worst is to the south.

Exactly, unless you are close to water. Leaves are getting cleared out nicely...silver lining

Archived