• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Historic Sandy Oct 26th - 31st, SE hybrid obs/disco thread....

WeatherNC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called in, anybody here? No disco on my points :cry:

• UL Jet extending from the NE up into Greenland
  • Transition, is it starting (WV and IR look odd for a warm core system)
  • Models, big 3 overdoing mslp, old school math (NOGAPS) better handle?

Damn it i missed it.

I called in, anybody here? No disco on my points :cry:

• UL Jet extending from the NE up into Greenland
  • Transition, is it starting (WV and IR look odd for a warm core system)
  • Models, big 3 overdoing mslp, old school math (NOGAPS) better handle?

I'm like ten minutes behind. They didn't even really entertain your ideas.

I couldn't resist and posted this in the NE forum.

I just checked the Radio Prediction Model.

Top five phrases in americanwx radio show

1. It's to early to tell

2. historic

3. devastating hit for someone

4. biggest threat is the surge

5. things can still change

I know it's storm mode and this will probably get deleted but with most busy listening to the radio show I can't resist adding the top five phrases from DTs radio show.

1 fook

2 ALEET ALEET ALEET

3 alpha bravo

4 THIS IS NOT A DRILL

5 americanwx sucks

The DT post got deleted. But they left my first one up. lol

I couldn't resist and posted this in the NE forum.

I just checked the Radio Prediction Model.

Top five phrases in americanwx radio show

1. It's to early to tell

2. historic

3. devastating hit for someone

4. biggest threat is the surge

5. things can still change

:lmao: I think the other phrase is "it could go further north, west, or south"

West Virginia is the place to be...

598713_381808001895797_502239749_n.jpg

I am considering a chase into WV depending on how the forecast evolves.

this is the current NWS Elkin WV forecast.

Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Wednesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Wednesday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42.

I listened and heard ya. Those radio calls were socially awkward throughout those phone calls, lol.

You have guys who said they do not have the very latest information because they were at work. So that narrows it down to 1 guy who talks loud. The other two repeat and agree with him.

They are glued to the GFS and it's impact from DC to Boston.

I don't think they were prepared to answer questions that require explaining or heated debates. That is probably why you heard their facebook go off. Somebody saying to end the call.

Latest GFDL run moved a good bit south than previous runs...on my phone so can only post link...

http://raleighwx.ame...HGHTPMSL102.gif

I hope everyone here continues to watch this close, with such anomalous blocking, the trend south could be viable. There would be massive inland wind problems if this comes in over NE NC and then west over the VA/NC line.

I hope everyone here continues to watch this close, with such anomalous blocking, the trend south could be viable. There would be massive inland wind problems if this comes in over NE NC and then west over the VA/NC line.

The upslope would be epic in the mtns if that verified. At least I would think.....

One thing to point out is that with leaves still on the trees, even 4-6 inches of snow could cause hefty destruction. With the GFDL trending toward the Euro, I wouldnt put it out of the question that the southern apps get rocked with a heavy wet snow.

I always remember in 93, as amazing as it was for me to experience, people died to the south in Fla., from the tornados, and at sea when boats vanished. Phasers bring into play such a range of heightened energies. T

I always remember in 93, as amazing as it was for me to experience, people died to the south in Fla., from the tornados, and at sea when boats vanished. Phasers bring into play such a range of heightened energies. T

And this one is going to hit a much more populated area. People died in the Summer due only to power outages. Now add flooding to this mix and this will more than likely be major. Very scary.

Ray's Weather Center

Afternoon computer guidance suggests Sandy will make landfall farther south (Delaware or New Jersey). That more southerly track heightens the potential for colder weather, damaging winds in the mountains, and accumulating snow in the High Country Monday through Wednesday (especially Tuesday and Tuesday night). It will be an impressive event for late October.

Unlike · · Share · 111 · about a minute ago ·

That would be epic lots of trees down this way leaning from Irene so it wouldnt take much, even 50 knts would be bad and then the duration would prolly be the real problem, the meltdown up in the NE forum if this thing did that would be insane.

Archived