northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
September 2012 Observations and Discussions

NEG NAO

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Living right by the water is hurting my nighttime lows. I drove to work where it's a more urban part of Queens and there was dew everywhere and I can easily see my breath. How many degrees above normal is the western sound?

Same thing killed my snow during the October storm.That northeast wind warmed the boundary layer so much that it didn't even let a single snowflake fall.

Living right by the water is hurting my nighttime lows. I drove to work where it's a more urban part of Queens and there was dew everywhere and I can easily see my breath. How many degrees above normal is the western sound?

Same thing killed my snow during the October storm.That northeast wind warmed the boundary layer so much that it didn't even let a single snowflake fall.

Not at all. Average water temps for the western sound for September 25th is 69. Kings Point is 68.7 currently. Execution Rocks is 69.9.

The ocean temps are pretty much right on average to +1.

It's UHI, no doubt. Not a water influence. Lots of LI hit the 40's and some into the low 40's.

Not at all. Average water temps for the western sound for September 25th is 69. Kings Point is 68.7 currently. Execution Rocks is 69.9.

The ocean temps are pretty much right on average to +1.

It's UHI, no doubt. Not a water influence. Lots of LI hit the 40's and some into the low 40's.

Whether it was above normal or just normal, the water killed my low this morning. I was able to see my breath at work bro. Meanwhile nothing at my house.

I could not stand that if i live there...........New brunswick drop to 42 this morning! Basking ridge 34!

Same here. I would hate having to rely on CAA events to get cool at night. UHI alters the natural progression of seasons. LGA's mid/upper 50s are what I experienced a few times this past summer, and by the time they regularly record 40s at night, I'll have had my first freeze by then.

Archived