• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
September 2012 Observations and Discussions

NEG NAO

KNYC, KJFK and especially KISP all have a decent chance of finishing negative for September.

With 6 days left, they are all around +16 to +18 total monthly departures.

My guess is that with the mild onshore flow dominating through the weekend, that JFK and NYC

will finish above normal for the month.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah even with cooler day time temps from Thursday on we won't see the cool nights that we've been having...well that everyone outside the city has been having. Tomorrow should go back above.

My guess is that with the mild onshore flow dominating through the weekend, that JFK and NYC

will finish above normal for the month.

looks like its going to be longer than that....its amazing how bad the mets have been with weather in these rain events. I mean yesterday there was supposed to be late showers and at night...well that did not happen and then all of sudden showers for Thursday morning...was that being forecasted 24 hours ago? Dont think so. Then you have some of the underperforming big time rain events of the past 6 weeks. Hey some may think its slamming but arent we supposed to have better weather tools to forecast a couple days in advance, if they are having problem with that than how much confidence can you have in 5-7 day forecasts which usually turn out wrong...5 days ago Friday was partly sunny now its all out rain.

Luckily its been dry so it will not be a big problem and we are getting through the lawns quicker, we actually skipped a couple lawns this week and since we figure to get about 6 hours in today we will get all the important lawns in. Looks like we might have to do about 3-4 hours on Saturday morning which sucks to fit everything in

looks like its going to be longer than that....its amazing how bad the mets have been with weather in these rain events. I mean yesterday there was supposed to be late showers and at night...well that did not happen and then all of sudden showers for Thursday morning...was that being forecasted 24 hours ago? Dont think so. Then you have some of the underperforming big time rain events of the past 6 weeks. Hey some may think its slamming but arent we supposed to have better weather tools to forecast a couple days in advance, if they are having problem with that than how much confidence can you have in 5-7 day forecasts which usually turn out wrong...5 days ago Friday was partly sunny now its all out rain.

Luckily its been dry so it will not be a big problem and we are getting through the lawns quicker, we actually skipped a couple lawns this week and since we figure to get about 6 hours in today we will get all the important lawns in. Looks like we might have to do about 3-4 hours on Saturday morning which sucks to fit everything in

Yeah friday looks to be a washout....but i have a feeling that rain will go north of our area........try to cut some yesterday, but spent some more time on a job im trying to get done.....i hate late starts....like it better when it rains later in the day

Yeah friday looks to be a washout....but i have a feeling that rain will go north of our area........try to cut some yesterday, but spent some more time on a job im trying to get done.....i hate late starts....like it better when it rains later in the day

wait so tomorrow may not rain in central jersey?

Looks like work is a go for u. Rain is north of us, i should forcast for u

yeah how predictable...not raining and probably will not rain besides some sprinkles today IMBY

yesterday we got a lot in after the delay and today shouldnt be too bad finishing up. Good luck.

big RU-UConn game next Saturday, anyone know the conditions, would like to have some sunny mid 70s weather to enjoy

Here are the current Sep 2012 temperature ranks (as of 9/1-9/27):

KNYC: 1.0°F

KJFK: 1.1°F

KLGA: 1.8°F

KISP: 0.7°F

KEWR: 1.3°F

KISP may be the closest to average, but the past two days and even including today have had a higher departure from

average than the rest, after today's data is pulled in, KISP should be more on par with the others. On-shore flow should

dominate the overnight lows from dropping anywhere near the average low for KISP.

Archived