Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
September 2012 Observations and Discussions

NEG NAO

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's high of 69 (9/20) was the coldest day in Smithtown since July 20 when the high was also 69. It really doesn't sound impressive comparing today's slight chill to a July day. :)

July 20 on the other hand was impressive considering we had a high temperature of 99 two days earlier.

I hope you all enjoyed the coolest day since late July.

:snowman:

Morning lows were never going to determine our afternoon highs. Unless of course it completely clouds up for some reason.

you don't think it matters...like when we only get down to 85 at night does not increase our chances of hitting 95-100

I can pretty much say when we hit 42 for a low that getting near 80 probably will not happen, of course there are times it does but most likely no...so with a similar day on tap Friday as to Thursday (no change in airmass) our starting point was much higher, you pretty much could infer some warmer highs for the day

anyhoo it hit 79 on Friday and a gorgeous 81 yesterday

now it was only 53 this morning but an airmass change so that reasoning will not apply today as we top out around some low 70s IMBY

you don't think it matters...like when we only get down to 85 at night does not increase our chances of hitting 95-100

I can pretty much say when we hit 42 for a low that getting near 80 probably will not happen, of course there are times it does but most likely no...so with a similar day on tap Friday as to Thursday (no change in airmass) our starting point was much higher, you pretty much could infer some warmer highs for the day

anyhoo it hit 79 on Friday and a gorgeous 81 yesterday

now it was only 53 this morning but an airmass change so that reasoning will not apply today as we top out around some low 70s IMBY

It matters how you reached that cool low. If it's due to CAA, then you probably won't rebound a lot during the day. But if it's simply radiational cooling, it doesn't matter what that morning low was. Every time I hear the words "launching pad" on the news during heat waves I cringe.

From Upton. http://www.facebook....&type=1

Mostly clear sky conditions, light winds, and a dry airmass will lead to a cool overnight and morning as we head into the new work week. Here are the forecasted morning low temperatures across our service area for Monday. Some locations across the interior may fall into the upper 30s!

post-18864-1348429361_thumb.jpg

Not even close. LGA 57, lowest so far.

I'm not surprised at all. Typical LGA.

Question: When can dew start forming on cartops? In other words, what does the spread between the 2m temp and the dewpoint have to be within for dew to start forming on clear calm nights? My thermometer is busted and I am not going to use LGA as my temp. There was dew on cars this morning, but I don't know how cold it actually was.

Archived