joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Fall 2012

ctsnowstorm628

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next 7-10 days will be like living in a box of Fruity Pebbles.

I like this metaphor PF. Nice pics. That one looking down the valley is like a painting.

great views everyone.

sub 30 this AM again. frost coverage was pretty solid. pardon the photo dump everyone, such an amazing morning, really take your breath away beautiful.

sunrise. the lake fog on Memphremagog has been thick, best of the week today, its cool, as you ride along the lake you can really appreciate how fast it starts moving out with the rising sun, or so I think, maybe someone can explain that better.

IMG_3098.jpg

frosty fields, fruity pebble hillsides waking up for the day.

IMG_3100.jpg

Peak is here. Good showing in the NEK. Hope everyone gets out to enjoy. Even a walk through the woods right now is great, the canopy and the leaf litter are sparkling.

IMG_3102.jpg

I saw a co-worker's post on Facebook that although foliage in this area is good every year, this year in particular is one of the best he can remember...and he's been at the mountain for many years.

I agree...I was very worried because of the dry summer but the weather pattern in September has been clutch for foliage. Just spectacular in the northern Greens right now.

Awesome little meso-scale set up occurring that also signals the change from warm to cold season...minor lake effect bands developing from north to south on Lake Champlain on the low level northerly flow, while larger scale synoptic precipitation drifts northeast.

Check out the dual drizzle bands over Lake Champlain that splits Grand Isle.

Awesome little meso-scale set up occurring that also signals the change from warm to cold season...minor lake effect bands developing from north to south on Lake Champlain on the low level northerly flow, while larger scale synoptic precipitation drifts northeast.

Check out the dual drizzle bands over Lake Champlain that splits Grand Isle.

That’s a great radar grab Scott, thanks for putting that up.

Boy did it have that feel of autumn around here today with the clouds and the on and off drizzle. The colors are exploding now in the Northern Greens, and we had a chance to venture up and down this part of the spine today to check them out. The boys had soccer games in Johnson and Cambridge in the morning – it was really nice in Johnson, the field was totally dry and we just had clouds covering the mountains from about halfway up, the sort of conditions that can really show some impressive colors without washing them out. Cambridge was pretty dry for the most part, but a little mist started to come in at the end of the second half. The colors were great all around though, and it was at times hard to keep focus while driving. We drove home via Smuggler’s Notch, and even with the clouds and some misty rain, the views were impressive. Back at the house we had that really fine rain that made me think of upslope days – we picked up 0.15” of liquid since 7:00 A.M. this morning and I know that would be good for some inches of snow if it was that time of year.

On that note, Monday is October, so we’re essentially into that timeframe where skiable snow could literally happen any day. I saw that new “Taking a look into October and November” thread; that sure makes it sound like there’s some potential out there for an early taste of winter.

It was nice running into you at the Nordic Barn today – although it’s still soccer season, I’m sure you’re not surprised to find that skiing is constantly on our minds.

I’ve not really had time to get out and capture the foliage yet so I haven’t been able to contribute images to the thread, but while I was shooting the games today it was hard not to get some foliage in there. I’ve added a shot below off the sideline at the Johnson game – as much as it’s going to be great to have snow, these are the sort of days that I wish would never end. Even with the clouds today and drizzle that was around at times today, I think a lot of the out of state visitors still got their money’s worth in terms of the views:

29SEP12A.jpg

It was nice running into you at the Nordic Barn today – although it’s still soccer season, I’m sure you’re not surprised to find that skiing is constantly on our minds.

Yeah that was a coincidence but not surprising haha...I was dropping off some bikes from summer international students and can never go into a shop without looking at the hard goods.

Like you, I'm never sure of what anyone looks like without ski gear on, but hearing two boys named Ty and Dylan looking for tele gear...the chances are pretty good that's you guys haha.

You can post some palm trees if it'll help you feel better ;)

Here is the first silver bismarck palm I found in Key West. Near the corner of Duval and South street by the Southernmost Hotel.

13942_172822445717_2584485_n.jpg

Has your plants reached there peak yellow and brown yet?

The nice thing about tropical plants is that they don't wither and die like common annuals as the season nears the end. They continue to get bigger and better until I brutally rip them out of the ground. The excavation begins in 9 days.

Archived