Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Fall 2012

ctsnowstorm628

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temps were a little warmer today for highs than I was expecting... not by much but I was thinking we'd be about 2-3F lower across the board.

Highs here in northern VT are show nice dry adiabatic lapse rates:

BTV (300ft): 79F

MVL (730ft): 77F

MPV (1165ft): 75F

Stowe Base(1,500ft): 73F

Locally I was thinking MVL would max out at 75F and the ski area base would be around 70F, but I guess H85 temps were a little warmer than progged yesterday. BTV last night mentioned +12C instead of +8 or +9C that was forecast 48 hours ago at 850mb. I also noticed our low temps came up tonight...for several days its been progged as mid 40s in the zone forecast and even low 40s (42-44F) in the point 'n click forecast. Now, lows are only expected to be near 50F tonight:

Tonight: Mostly clear. Lows around 50. Light and variable winds.

Sunday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds.

Sunday Night: Clear. Lows in the upper 40s. Light and variable winds.

Temps were a little warmer today for highs than I was expecting... not by much but I was thinking we'd be about 2-3F lower across the board.

Highs here in northern VT are show nice dry adiabatic lapse rates:

BTV (300ft): 79F

MVL (730ft): 77F

MPV (1165ft): 75F

Stowe Base(1,500ft): 73F

Locally I was thinking MVL would max out at 75F and the ski area base would be around 70F, but I guess H85 temps were a little warmer than progged yesterday. BTV last night mentioned +12C instead of +8 or +9C that was forecast 48 hours ago at 850mb. I also noticed our low temps came up tonight...for several days its been progged as mid 40s in the zone forecast and even low 40s (42-44F) in the point 'n click forecast. Now, lows are only expected to be near 50F tonight:

Tonight: Mostly clear. Lows around 50. Light and variable winds.

Sunday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds.

Sunday Night: Clear. Lows in the upper 40s. Light and variable winds.

It was warmer than I expected too. I had 75F here too, same as MPV. Having said that, I can't imagine a nicer way to kick off September.

42F last night. Colder than expected and a tie for our coldest temp so far since June.

Strange night here. It was clear early on and we got down into the upper 40s but then the fog formed and put a cap on the cooling. We almost never have the morning fog here the way they just down the road in the valley but we're pretty socked in atm. Can't even make out much of my visibility benchmark hill. Go figure. The fog should burn off for one more dry one today.

Looks like a good soaking in-coming after a very nice holiday weelend. Definitely need it.

To add to my post above--pretty cool sat image this morning. The hole in the low clouds across east-central VT is the Orange Heights. Normally the clear area is much bigger and includes us here but not so this morning. Looks like only the 2000'+ strip is above it.

I'm glad you threw up the sat image this morning! I witnessed something I don't see too often which is a large area of fog that doesn't include this local area. We are very prone to fog in the RT 100 corridor between Mansfield/Green Mtn Spine and the Worcester Range but somehow last night we didn't fog out and ended up dropping colder than everyone else with 42F.

I'm not sure why we didn't see fog but I would've expected us to do what Montpelier did which was get down to like 46-48F and go to dense fog and halt the cooling. Instead we stayed clear and went to 42F.

The view from 3,700ft on Mansfield showed this very well, with a large fog bank on the otherside of the Worcester ridgeline, stretching all the to Mount Washington (in the distance, center) and the Whites in NH:

MVL is out in the fields down there in the bottom of the valley, somehow avoiding fog development last night and allowing colder temps than other locations a few miles east on the other side of the Worcesters.

The full view... this Stowe valley always fills with fog on these nights.

Nice Mt pics.

Here's a couple from the pilgramage home for a week. Wicked low tide with the full moon.

IMG_3065.jpg

Has been almost 4 decades, and taken some traveling around to fully appreciate the Maine coast.

IMG_3045.jpg

Sunrise on the Mid Coast.

IMG_3072.jpg

Pond Island lighthouse.

IMG_3073.jpg

Pretty tough to beat NNE.

Cheers to a good fall season for everyone.

Amazing weather this weekend. Literally perfect. Went up to Sherbrooke, Canada last night with my buddies for some drinks and French fun LOL. Good times.

Ahhh going to college in northern VT, haha. I sort of miss those plentiful nights in Montreal while at UVM...jamming like 10 kids into a hotel room at 2am. St Catherine's Street is where the fun's at ;)

Archived