joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Fall 2012

ctsnowstorm628

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PF, tell us about the forest fire on Mansfield today. Looks like they ere pretty high up.

It was actually up in Nebraska Notch, which is on Mansfield I guess but the extreme southern part of it. I never saw anything or even heard anything except a little radio chatter from the Green Mountain Club. It was still several miles from the ski resort.

Nebraska Notch is the southern low point of Mansfield and right above the Lake Mansfield Trout Club. That is very cliffy terrain though as around the beaver ponds up there are some massive (100-500ft) cliffs.

Red circle is fire... blue circle is ski area to show relative location. Center of the village is blue marker and top of Mansfield is red marker.

haha, yes, we're building up on Tenny Hill rd, at 750ft. Should hopefully be a little more excitement during the winter. Looks like move in day will be sometime in Jan. What fun :snowing:

At 750' you ought to avg 80"+, or about 25% more than at your soon-to-be former location on the wrong side of so many coastal fronts.

Edit: Very light breeze-blown mist here in AUG; it appears the serious RA waits until evening. I did get 0.17" of surprise last Sunday AM, but Sat/Mon were just right for spreading the truckload of cracked stone on the driveway and working on the perennial garden (lots of nice stuff marked down this time of year.)

At 750' you ought to avg 80"+, or about 25% more than at your soon-to-be former location on the wrong side of so many coastal fronts.

Edit: Very light breeze-blown mist here in AUG; it appears the serious RA waits until evening. I did get 0.17" of surprise last Sunday AM, but Sat/Mon were just right for spreading the truckload of cracked stone on the driveway and working on the perennial garden (lots of nice stuff marked down this time of year.)

One can only hope. I've heard there are some sharp gradients in snow level from even a few hundred feet lower in raymond. After living in sturbridge, ma for several years and having only one decent winter (04-05), then moving to standish three years ago, with only one decent winter, maybe the new location will exceed my expectations.

A good soaker coming tonight...don't have to worry about any flooding though, lol. I've never seen the West Branch of the Little River (drains all of Mansfield/Smugglers Notch east side) that runs through town be so low. Its just a 5-10 foot swath barely covering the rocks and barely moving.

.DAY ONE...TONIGHT.

WIDESPREAD RAIN IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP OVER THE AREA TONIGHT...

SPREADING FROM WEST TO EAST. THE RAIN WILL BE MODERATE TO HEAVY AT

TIMES AND IT APPEARS AT THIS TIME THE RAINFALL AMOUNTS WILL BE

FAIRLY UNIFORM ACROSS THE AREA. GENERAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS WILL BE

IN THE THREE QUARTERS TO AN INCH RANGE WITH SLIGHTLY HIGHER

AMOUNTS NEAR THE CANADIAN BORDER. GIVEN THE LACK OF PRECIPITATION

ACROSS THE REGION THIS SUMMER AND WATER LEVELS WELL BELOW

NORMAL...THIS EVENT IS NOT EXPECTED TO HAVE A SIGNIFICANT IMPACT

ON THE AREA.

Archived