Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
September 2012 Obs/Discussion Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This system is beginning to show signs of splitting around most of the Carolinas and GA with only southern and western GA seeing anything big with this. There is a major hole in the rain over central AL that is just getting bigger and bigger.Both the new Tornado watch and GSP's flood watch are going to bust badly.

This system is beginning to show signs of splitting around most of the Carolinas and GA with only southern and western GA seeing anything big with this. There is a major hole in the rain over central AL that is just getting bigger and bigger.Both the new Tornado watch and GSP's flood watch are going to bust badly.

It's a little too early to call a bust on this one, but I have to say, in the last year and a half, I've seen this before and it hasn't ended well for those of us in Georgia. Unless the radar fills in nicely, looks like heavier scattered showers may be all we're gonna muster. Tornado watch totally took me by surprise, but honestly I really can't get excited about this setup. If I hear a rumble of thunder I may be shocked.

Means possibly less junkvection for tomorrow.

Widre?

Means possibly less junkvection for tomorrow.

That may be nice east of here but my thinking is that once the band trying to move into GA now moves across that's it for GA and the western Carolinas. The 90% chance of rain tomorrow and tomorrow night around here needs to be slashed by as much as 70% in my opinion since that back edge of the dying band will be through here before morning.

Surface low is still over Louisiana and the 500 mb low is still over western Louisiana and eastern Texas? Might be a little to early to start calling bust...

Yes, you may not get the 5 inches you thought, you may not get the 3 inches you thought, but some areas have already seen very high rainfall totals in North Carolina especially.

And by the way, the heaviest rain was not due to arrive after midnight. Who says a heavy line of convective rain can not develop after midnight or in the morning, like the RUC is saying?

Lets just wait and see...

Thanks! Everyone here seems friendly. Can't wait to progress as a member. Now with weather talk, there has been nonstop light rain every since last night. 2.23 inches so far.

Yup, pretty much. Just don't wander into the Political Roundtable.

Here, it's been non-stop partly cloudy since last night. But jburns told me in the other thread that I have a 100% chance of severe storms tomorrow and tomorrow night, so maybe it'll get interesting. :D

Temp wise some of us could see some records the next 7 days. This first front will bring a dose of cool fall like weather for most but I am looking at this weekend were a more potent cold front will be coming through that could bring some high elevation frost to the mountains. Still early but the models have been hinting at something like this for several days.

this IS a BUST for rainfall here in GA...I am pissed....lol We need the rain soooo frickin' bad! and models just were not good on amounts. They pretty much always do a bad job with the dry slot...Now, we WILL see more chances for rain/storms, but there hasn't been the super rain amounts.

Heh... Welcome back to Georgia! :P

I never expected much to begin with, but I thought we would pick up closer to an inch. Yeah... Unless the storms moving in from the west this morning drop .8" I'm going to bust on that forecast.

The models didn't do so hot, precipitation-wise, here, but did do a decent job north and northwest of the low track. I have a feeling we'll see this track a few more times this fall/winter with similar results for you and me and most other posters near us.

Archived