amirah5
September 2012 Obs/Discussion Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

map_specnews09_ltst_4namus_enus_650x366.jpg

snow

   [snoh] ice crystals, snow grains, snow pellets.

1. Meteorology . a precipitation in the form of icecrystals, mainly of intricately branched,hexagonal form and often agglomerated intosnowflakes, formed directly from thefreezing of the water vapor in the air.Compare ice crystals, snow grains, snow pellets.

2.these flakes as forming a layer on theground or other surface.

3.the fall of these flakes or a storm duringwhich these flakes fall.

4.something resembling a layer of these flakesin whiteness, softness, or the like: the snowof fresh linen.

mmmmmmmm snow

1.04'' in the last 24 hours or so.

Just an observation but in my immediate area we've had a lot of leaf dropping.Leaves have been falling anyway for the last couple weeks but Friday a strong outflow came through around 5 PM and leaves were flying everywhere.

Think it's way too early for them to start falling,I think it's just from dry weather IMO.

Robert has been on this potential cool down as well. I trust his judgement over funny jb 100 times out of 100. Joe Bastardi is equivilent to the comics in the newspaper. His forcast may be based in truth. But it is entertainment in the end.

I know Robert is agreement with Jb. I talk to him weekly. Robert never bashes JB and actually likes what he has for winter. i have always said Robert is the best in the Southeast.

I know Robert is agreement with Jb. I talk to him weekly. Robert never bashes JB and actually likes what he has for winter. i have always said Robert is the best in the Southeast.

JB could nail the next 5 big weather events in modern history and I will still bash him for the past.

Robert is excellent I agree. He knows our region more than anybody.

September featured some really nice temperatures and very decent rainfall totals IMBY. Most of the rainfall fell in three different systems: 9/02 - 9/04, 9/16 - 9/18, and 9/28 - 9/29. It was a great month to be outside and enjoy the passing of summer. We haven't used the A/C at the house since the third day of September (the last of the 90 F days!), so the energy bill should be great to see in a few days compared to the prior months. This month brought an early taste of fall when I had three morning lows in the 40s during the final third of the month (9/23 - 9/25). Here are the stats from my PWS for the month:

Final September Stats:

Hi Temp: 93.6 F (on 9/01, the first day of the month!)

Hi Temp Above 90: 2 days

Lo Temp: 42.8 F (on 9/24)

Lo Temp Above 70: 4 days

Mean Temp: 68.2 F (compare to 68.6 F from 2011)

Hi Wind Gust: 13.0 mph (on 9/18)

Total Rainfall: 5.50 in (measured rainfall > 0.01 in on 7 different days, compare to 4.90 in from 2011)

Wettest Day: 2.44 in (on 9/18)

Rainfall for Year: 37.42 in (Jan - Sep)

Thats up to you. But im sure he has forgotten more than you will ever know. I could careless if he is right or wrong he just voices his opinions just ike a others on this board. All I know is Robert said jb has been talking about this winter since may. He ssid himself he agrees with a lot of it. So continue bashing if it makes you feel good. If he is right you bash and I will count my cash. Because it sounds like we will be plowing and salting a bunch. Thsts accorfing to jb and Robert and severa others

JB could nail the next 5 big weather events in modern history and I will still bash him for the past.

Robert is excellent I agree. He knows our region more than anybody.

Archived