Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Late August Discussion, banter, obs

Baroclinic Zone

Much warmer pattern now..Low was only 63 here. Warming coming in aloft first

Got down to 53 here, but I've come up 5* since 6:00a.m.--and it's not due to the sun. :)

I've had three consecutive days with high temps of 72 and average temps of 65, 62, and 62. Looks like it'll be a bit hot over the next few days with BOX forecasting low 80's from tomorrow through Monday. Regardless, Iill be in Falmouth tomorrow-Sunday, Looks like some decent weather in store for that.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've got an interesting spot. I was down to 52° and both my Union stations were in the low 50s and they are well over 1,000' (well, 1050' and 1250').

Up to 61° now.

Another 45F up here for a low...these 40s at night feel great. Now the sun is coming up and with heavy heavy dew, the wet cars are steaming now as the sun hits them.

Really been feeling like fall lately.

You've got an interesting spot. I was down to 52° and both my Union stations were in the low 50s and they are well over 1,000' (well, 1050' and 1250').

Up to 61° now.

I ran this morning and even at 800-900 feet I could feel it was much cooler. Being just about the highest spot in the area means roast at night on radiating nites

Great sleeping weather for sure. How are the trees looking up there? Any early bird specials on color?

I've seen a few stressed trees here and there showing early signs of color but it's still no color on the whole. Though a certain West Chesterfield resident may say the leaves are turning, a few road side stressed species doesn't mean fall foliage has started to me lol.

I am actually surprised at the lack of stressed looking trees despite the drought and warmth.

Just a few birches here, and those might just be normal. A year ago it was more noticable

What I'm noticing more and more are trees where like one corner has turned sickly neon red and the rest of the tree is green...like a bunch of partial turned stuff that looks more sick than vibrant foliage.

Wait for it..wait for it..here it comes

FRIDAY INTO MONDAY...

SFC HIGH PRES IN CONTROL GRADUALLY PUSHING N AND E OF THE RGN AND

ALLOWING FOR RETURN SLY FLOW. ANTICIPATING AN INCREASE IN SFC

HUMIDITY /DWPTS/ RESULTING IN MUGGIER CONDITIONS INTO THE BEGINNING

OF NEXT WEEK...

Meh, never the same feel as it is in mid summer.

I'm going to be a weenie here for a minute... but this is the sort of stuff that scares me as we continue to move towards winter: an overall dry pattern continuing. We've certainly had some wet weather this summer, but by and large, since last October, we've been in a drier than normal streak. That makes sense though because in recent years we've had some of the wettest years on record for some New England climo locations...so that can't continue and climo strikes back with some long, boring periods.

I know this will change every single run and a 12z GFS can't be used for much, but looking at total 16 day QPF, we are in for a boring couple weeks. I hate looking at this in the winter and seeing only 1/4" QPF total over two weeks, but that's what we saw pretty much all last winter, haha.

As we go through the fall, I'd love to start to see some Nino moisture pumped up out of the southern stream into New England... I don't know why but I'm skeptical of snowfall this winter primarily due to what I think will be below normal precipitation.

16 day total (of course depends on what tropical systems do during that time period, but if we miss those, its another boring 2 weeks coming up):

I'm going to be a weenie here for a minute... but this is the sort of stuff that scares me as we continue to move towards winter: an overall dry pattern continuing. We've certainly had some wet weather this summer, but by and large, since last October, we've been in a drier than normal streak. That makes sense though because in recent years we've had some of the wettest years on record for some New England climo locations...so that can't continue and climo strikes back with some long, boring periods.

I know this will change every single run and a 12z GFS can't be used for much, but looking at total 16 day QPF, we are in for a boring couple weeks. I hate looking at this in the winter and seeing only 1/4" QPF total over two weeks, but that's what we saw pretty much all last winter, haha.

As we go through the fall, I'd love to start to see some Nino moisture pumped up out of the southern stream into New England... I don't know why but I'm skeptical of snowfall this winter primarily due to what I think will be below normal precipitation.

16 day total (of course depends on what tropical systems do during that time period, but if we miss those, its another boring 2 weeks coming up):

Don't worry..Upslope rains will happen :axe:

Don't worry..Upslope rains will happen :axe:

lol...not with air as dry as we've been seeing. I seriously hope we see a more active pattern come October, a couple windy, 1-3" QPF nor'easters. Something that'll give us an indication that we may be able to get some moisture laden storms into New England. If September/October into early November continue the dry-ish pattern, we may have a lot of thumb twittling this winter waiting for moisture.

Pleasant evening here. 60F.... Not much to say...just pleasant late Summer wx.

lol...not with air as dry as we've been seeing. I seriously hope we see a more active pattern come October, a couple windy, 1-3" QPF nor'easters. Something that'll give us an indication that we may be able to get some moisture laden storms into New England. If September/October into early November continue the dry-ish pattern, we may have a lot of thumb twittling this winter waiting for moisture.

Maybe for you. I will take this all winter long

c5bc5633f87ac683702d0d4a51f964d6.jpg

fcf6e9a5ce701c64caa4379dd76aded7.jpg

Archived