joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Late August Discussion, banter, obs

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know... maybe there, but late August is usually better here. Most of the time June and July can be dry around here.

August typically is when folks that don't take proper care of their lawns have the crabgrass take over,,and you either have that or just a burned out, brown lawn if you don't water/fertilize. It usually takes the very late August rains if they come and rans and cooler wx in Sept. to get things back to looking decent.

I had 48 again today. Then a beautiful day until 90 minutes when showers moved in. Some cool light rain and 67 here here now.

I hiked up to 3524' on Windham High Peak today and an autumnal type hike with 60's mostly. I was afraid this could be a hot and muggy hike,

but not the case.

oved in.

Another beautiful mroning out there today. Not getting Rick's 40's, but 51 ain't too shabby for the Pit this time of year.

Sucks that it's Monday, but I've got a short week in store. Heading to Falmouth Thursday afternoon. Hopefully the weekend will be decent.

Late August..typically when the lawn is at it's worst..not this year...Humidity and numerous t storms FTW..WOW

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Looks good, Kevin.

No august is always the worst for lawns. Usually don't improve till mid Sept

Nope. July's the toughtest. Once you hit August--unless there's a drought--the corner's turned and the grass springs again.

Interesting how cool it stayed here today--topped out at 72.4. Had anticipated warmer.

The place looks great. :thumbsup:

I like the wall.... I kept an old stone wall in front of this place and have attempted to rebuild it a bit.

I don't think I could ever have a lawn like that because all the field and wild grass stuff blows in and infiltrates, like during that dry period.

Late August..typically when the lawn is at it's worst..not this year...Humidity and numerous t storms FTW..WOW

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Looks good, Kevin.

Nope. July's the toughtest. Once you hit August--unless there's a drought--the corner's turned and the grass springs again.

Interesting how cool it stayed here today--topped out at 72.4. Had anticipated warmer.

LOL..after asking me for years for lawn care tips and advice..now you're suddenly the expert? You're incorrect...but believe what you must.

The place looks great. :thumbsup:

I like the wall.... I kept an old stone wall in front of this place and have attempted to rebuild it a bit.

I don't think I could ever have a lawn like that because all the field and wild grass stuff blows in and infiltrates, like during that dry period.

Thanks..Yeah I have a couple stone walls..So many rocks /boulders here/(Neighborhood sits on ledge) ..able to really have some decent ones without buying the stones

Back from Banff. The last day we had snow on the peaks around town.

I was in Banff Summer 2000...it snowed on the Columbia Icefield when I was there.

I was also in Glacier National Park area working all of Summer 2010...it snowed heavily, down to town level on 6/16. The flakes had a coating on 7/1, which is remarkable.

Signs, signs, everywhere are signs. OKX sounding, winter like jet

Yeah dude... I'm getting the itch for snow bad now. All other worries melt away when it starts snowing on the mountain; at work all we've been talking about is winter and skiing. It gets brutal this time of year though because in June/July you're blocking the urge for snow out, enjoying summer and the season, but by mid/late August, it could and may snow within 2 months. It is possible that it even snows within one month (at least at the summit, as happens once in a while in September). Its getting close and summer has been played out. Time to let go of summer and torture myself thinking about winter all the time... :lol:

Also what's with the Sultan? You'll always be Ginx ;)

Yeah dude... I'm getting the itch for snow bad now. All other worries melt away when it starts snowing on the mountain; at work all we've been talking about is winter and skiing. It gets brutal this time of year though because in June/July you're blocking the urge for snow out, enjoying summer and the season, but by mid/late August, it could and may snow within 2 months. It is possible that it even snows within one month (at least at the summit, as happens once in a while in September). Its getting close and summer has been played out. Time to let go of summer and torture myself thinking about winter all the time... :lol:

Also what's with the Sultan? You'll always be Ginx ;)

Laughing at myself is my best medicine. I needed a dose. Cracks me up every time I see it.

Oops. Just looked at the radar, missed the date. I got 8".

Pretty funny day, I got 6 in Oct but felt screwed but felt great we had power, after the Irene disaster it was fine with me. First time ever I was relieved we did not get toasted with snow. First time ever it was snowing hard in Griswold but pouring at my house. By the way Will, Mek,Ryan and Scooter nailed that portion of the forecast.

Archived