Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Mid-Atlantic tropical thread

Ian

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS soaks the heck out of North Carolina...let's see if the remnants of this thing can start creeping North now that the landfall location seems to have been narrowed....not unreasonable to think it can some but maybe only enough for Richmond...otherwise...models seem to be advertising some rain potential for the weekend...gfs more robust

GFS soaks the heck out of North Carolina...let's see if the remnants of this thing can start creeping North now that the landfall location seems to have been narrowed....not unreasonable to think it can some but maybe only enough for Richmond...otherwise...models seem to be advertising some rain potential for the weekend...gfs more robust

And by weekend you mean next Wednesday and Thursday..... this thing is outta here by next weekend

It is amazing that the models have keyed in on a east-central gulf coast landfall, but are completely blind after that. The 00z Euro made a convoluted path west and then up to Chicago. 12z goes to Augusta, GA.

yeah it's definitely not cut and dry. a hit in that area would often get us some remnants but this is not your typical trough-driven landfall in the n gom either.

yeah it's definitely not cut and dry. a hit in that area would often get us some remnants but this is not your typical trough-driven landfall in the n gom either.

It's still like 3-4 days until anything would get up here anyway right? Seems like that part can still shift some

It's still like 3-4 days until anything would get up here anyway right? Seems like that part can still shift some

yeah tho i think it's pretty much gauranteed a front will push through the whole area before it would have a chance to get positioned. i suppose if it heads west enough it might still get picked up by something else if it doesnt just evaporate--otherwise it'll probably just ride up the trough axis of the front. i could see perhaps SE VA etc still in play. here it seems a good bit harder for now.

yeah tho i think it's pretty much gauranteed a front will push through the whole area before it would have a chance to get positioned. i suppose if it heads west enough it might still get picked up by something else if it doesnt just evaporate--otherwise it'll probably just ride up the trough axis of the front. i could see perhaps SE VA etc still in play. here it seems a good bit harder for now.

caveat is this was my forecast for this weekend from Thursday (wed night). :axe:

Saturday and Sunday should keep our stretch of mainly sunny days going. Clouds don’t appear too numerous either day, though I’m more confident in a quality Saturday, as it should be mostly sunny and probably rain free. Highs range from the mid-80s to near 90, with overnight lows in the 60s to near 70 downtown. Sunday looks similar, but there’s a chance a few showers might try to work in during the day, which would introduce more clouds and perhaps lower temperatures — say, mid-80s. If not, highs are about the same as Saturday. Confidence: Medium

http://www.washingto...b1e9c_blog.html

I am wondering if TS Isaac will ramp up!! I am pretty sure TS Isaac will, it's just how much?

TS Isaac will probably strengthen or begin to strengthen now that TS Isaac is back over water. Some convection forming around the center of TS Isaac right now, in fact. TS Isaac has sure been an interesting storm to track.

Kmlwx, yeah I can see th L centered in Isaac barley off the coast of Cuba. I still see the L to SW still kicking in some Dry Air and keeping Isaac at bay for the moment. The L to SW should move away I hope soon. I also see the TCU building back in the center L of Isaac and could be the sign of early strengthen and the beginning of possible 3 day wild ride for the USA! Isaac has been real tough to forecast but also has been a great teaching tool for me.

I can't wait till the day both of my kids will finally learn to sleep in. Looking at TS Isaac this morning and it looks like Isaac is picking up strength and the beginning stages of getting it's act together. It makes me sad to see New Orleans in the cone of possible landfall. I know we can't just go off of feelings but I feel this could wreak havoc somewhere in the GOM!!!! Remember "I" names storms for some reason like to batter the USA!! The L to the SW looks like its finally moving off to the W. Possible RI later on today.

Wow. I just looked at the overnight and this morning's gfs and it plays out Isaac very differently. I can't imagine that the scenario depicted where Isaac stays just off and skirts the entire coastline of LA would be good. Hopefully it doesn't play out that way, but hours 60 through 102 look particularly bad on the 6z gfs.

Archived