Newest Member
    EWR757
Mid-Atlantic tropical thread

Ian

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, not till at least Tuesday.

The GFS has pretty consistently shown precip by Sunday in the area.. does at 0z again. I know the Euro has been more stingy tho I have not looked at it today.

Ah, I figured not until after Labor Day. NHC's track has Isaac's remnants in Ohio at 7pm Monday.

The GFS keeps the "center" well west but some of the moisture/vorticity spills east. It's basically killing the system to the west at this point now though.

Still decent discrepancy between the GFS/Euro particularly on timing. It's not the most favored track but the way the Isaac energy falls apart and keeps ejecting over the area on the GFS is plausible. It continues to have a heavy rain signal as well so hard to throw that idea out--maybe even moreso given the recent model debacle from last weekend where precip was way under-forecast in advance. I'd like to see the NAM start to come more aboard by tomorrow... tho I suppose both the EURO/GFS bring decent rain thru somewhere in the Sunday through Tuesday frame.

Probably, or a Canadian Maritimes event.

I think it'll trend west some more but unsure about how far west. The trough working into the eastern U.S. late next week should keep it away from us.

I hadn't read the thread over on the main forum. Kind of some interesting shifts to the west with guidance. I have a hard time seeing much of a threat at all to us. Agree with you on all fronts.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that I like the fact that the low went up or is heading North and is now appearing to be modeled to go South of us as it comes East....good sign for Winter tracks....lol....yes Ellinwood I'm just kidding....looks like we do get a little rain over several days so I will take that and be happy

Still decent discrepancy between the GFS/Euro particularly on timing. It's not the most favored track but the way the Isaac energy falls apart and keeps ejecting over the area on the GFS is plausible. It continues to have a heavy rain signal as well so hard to throw that idea out--maybe even moreso given the recent model debacle from last weekend where precip was way under-forecast in advance. I'd like to see the NAM start to come more aboard by tomorrow... tho I suppose both the EURO/GFS bring decent rain thru somewhere in the Sunday through Tuesday frame.

NAM coming on board

Archived