Mid-Atlantic tropical thread

Ian

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-1615-0-39793200-1345677455_thumb.gi

post-1615-0-90206600-1345677473_thumb.gi

Let the :weenie: suicides commence.

Seriously though, I'd really like to see some good remnants make it up this way. The rain would be nice and it would actually give me some halfway exciting weather. Last time I remember getting something notable in this part of the state was in 04 or 05. Ended up with quite a bit of flooding and a handful of weak tornadoes.

Let the :weenie: suicides commence.

Seriously though, I'd really like to see some good remnants make it up this way. The rain would be nice and it would actually give me some halfway exciting weather. Last time I remember getting something notable in this part of the state was in 04 or 05. Ended up with quite a bit of flooding and a handful of weak tornadoes.

I guess in your area it's a bit less frequent as you probably don't tend to get EC impacts as much as 95 and east. You must have gotten something from Lee?

I guess in your area it's a bit less frequent as you probably don't tend to get EC impacts as much as 95 and east. You must have gotten something from Lee?

I believe it was either Jeanne or Ivan because I remember school had just started for the year (September 04) and we ended up missing a few days due to flooding.

this gfs is gonna be good

Almost looks like a Lee redux, but this time for the Apps, which I am sure many around here would not want to see again... if GFS had not decided to magically poof after 192... we would likely still be seeing another 12 hours of heavy rain... I would guess at least since the system is moving NE... DCA is approaching 2 inches of rain by 192 with what should be much more to come after

I'm going to blow a gasket soon about the RNC shiz.

That's what you get for following politics.

Yeah. 75 mi difference is NBD at this lead time.

That's about where I was looking... sticking with my MOB to TLH range for now. I'm wondering if the COC will actually cross over the Keys or slide west before moving north through the eastern Gulf.

That's what you get for following politics.

It's everywhere. I'm not a hurricane forecaster but I know patterns pretty well so I'm usually fairly good at tracks at least. I have a hard time seeing what the fuss is at this point. If it were to track in a way to threaten Tampa I'd think it would be a fairly weak system. Sure those old white guys might not like the rain etc. A Charley type event is almost totally off the table I think given the lack of a big trough.

It's everywhere. I'm not a hurricane forecaster but I know patterns pretty well so I'm usually fairly good at tracks at least. I have a hard time seeing what the fuss is at this point. If it were to track in a way to threaten Tampa I'd think it would be a fairly weak system. Sure those old white guys might not like the rain etc. A Charley type event is almost totally off the table I think given the lack of a big trough.

I see it here and there but it's not incredibly prevalent for me :P

It's getting talked about because there's a still a chance and that's all that matters to most of the media/public, regardless of what the actual forecast is. We know it's NBD, but the media will keep running with it so long as people are listening. I'm sure you know all this already... I'm just writing it out.

Archived