e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
SNE Late July BANTER , OBS, DISCO

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't about Pete. It's about all the OT drama crap. Eliminate OT and you eliminate the garbage posters who don't even contribute on the wx side. If that means sports, then oh well.

yeah. thats worked out well in the past. you have weather side posters here who only contribute garbage. ;)

Wow did not realize it was that dry up there, you on well water?

For now... seriously worried. With a well (I am told) there is no way to know if you will go dry. It just happens.

Although I know when I use a lot of water (like running the hose in the spring to fill up the pool - it takes hours)

we start to get a sulfur smell for a little while.

There would be less drama if drama queens stopped getting their panties bunched up. I never knew a message board that got a hard on over trying to start arguments and ban people.

Yeah exactly lol. I belong to quite a few boards and none of them compare to this one for the BS with trolling/hatred factor.

This isn't about Pete. It's about all the OT drama crap. Eliminate OT and you eliminate the garbage posters who don't even contribute on the wx side. If that means sports, then oh well.

Every single person who has been involved in this drama over the past several months since Vim Voot was outed is an active weather side poster.

yeah. thats worked out well in the past. you have weather side posters here who only contribute garbage. ;)

They'll always be weenies that contribute weenie posts. But you can't tell me that OT is not a cesspool. I know the green taggers here also agree. Why have something that harbors all this evil.

Anyways, it's nice and cool out.

Pete went too far. But I'm very against this indefinite ban stuff. I think a one week ban to cool off would have sufficed. There are degrees of offense. Back DT's days of banning, he was abrasive to almost every poster, persoanl attacks all over, etc. Makes Pete look like a choir boy. And I like DT, but just saying....

They'll always be weenies that contribute weenie posts. But you can't tell me that OT is not a cesspool. I know the green taggers here also agree. Why have something that harbors all this evil.

The argument has always been is that crap will spill onto the wxside if OT doesn't exist. Which is happening now here because OT stuff has been allowed to be posted in SNE. It's a hard circle to square, though, because no one wants (at least I don't think) a stricter moderation policy.

The argument has always been is that crap will spill onto the wxside if OT doesn't exist. Which is happening now here because OT stuff has been allowed to be posted in SNE. It's a hard circle to square, though, because no one wants (at least I don't think) a stricter moderation policy.

right. and OT has been quite tame since people were suspended anyway. Nearly everyone who contributes in OT also contributes on the weather side. It's not some weird area of the board where evil is being created. Evil creation is reserved from Politics...where a bunch of people have joined to freak out and be nasty before the election who wouldn't know a CB from their own ***hole.

They could "spin off" OT as a new board with unique URL... People from here could still go there...

But hey the "powers that be" will never agree to that because their goal is apparently to have almost pure wx chat on this side so they need to keep pushing other subjects OT. Problem is ...OT is too much of a cess pool and none of us want to go there with regularity.

Anyways, it's nice and cool out.

I don't know...I almost see it the other way too. I mean, you even had a whole site (DBM) which seems to contribute to it. Maybe it's just something where it's a lose/lose deal. The idea of all the sports, climate change, politice, etc was a good one imo, but it's just full of finger poking and attacks. It's obviously a hit since there are so many posts there so maybe keeping it there is a magnet to keep the crap posts more in OT and not on the wx side.

A lot of the banter is New England directly or indirectly related, so I never thought it was some sort of way OT deal. It's not like people are talking about their views of the upcoming State senator election. It can go too OT in the boring wx times, but Dendrite/ETaunton usually do a good job to get people back on track.

right. and OT has been quite tame since people were suspended anyway. Nearly everyone who contributes in OT also contributes on the weather side. It's not some weird area of the board where evil is being created. Evil creation is reserved from Politics...where a bunch of people have joined to freak out and be nasty before the election who wouldn't know a CB from their own ***hole.

True.

Archived