Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Late July BANTER , OBS, DISCO

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mod Bob said-

Guys start a new General Weather Banter thread. This one is too long to continue. I'll ask that you keep the discussion on topic and if you want to banter about non-weather, take it to OT.

- Granpa Bob

For the record, the system Admin Randy posted publically in our banter thread he did not mind us discussing non weather stuff in our banter thread.

Mod Bob said-

Guys start a new General Weather Banter thread. This one is too long to continue. I'll ask that you keep the discussion on topic and if you want to banter about non-weather, take it to OT.

- Granpa Bob

For the record, the system Admin Randy posted publically in our banter thread he did not mind us discussing non weather stuff in our banter thread.

That's Randy's opinion and other Admins have differing opinions from that as do the Moderators. What's your point?

That's Randy's opinion and other Admins have differing opinions from that as do the Moderators. What's your point?

I can't go into ot, therefore this is.the only place I can post ot stuff. A lot of people avoid ot like the plague. I think we should be able to post ot stuff here, boring wx coming up for a while anyway

I can't go into ot, therefore this is.the only place I can post ot stuff. A lot of people avoid ot like the plague. I think we should be able to post ot stuff here, boring wx coming up for a while anyway

We can, OT is the place where attacks happen. You should see what happened to Rick Logan today, one of the oldest and most respected and respectful posters I know and one of the original crew from IIRC. Sewer hole. Let the rats have it.

Agreed... I like one-stop shopping right here in the New England forum. I avoid OT except recently with the drama of that ill fated ski thread.

My main question would be, why have a banter thread if the disco has to be 100% weather related? Why wouldn't we just post that stuff in whatever the most recent main/super thread is? We always have one thread that's sort of the "go-to" for weather obs and discussion...that leaves the banter thread for, well, bantering.

Speaking of IRC days... the things that went on there as far as subjects of conversation were so much more over the top than anything ever posted in this sub-forum. And Randy and few others partook in it. Hey it was fun days, but there was no line between wx and off topic. Anyone remember #Nemas channel (chatroom)? LOL There were met's in there also and occasionally we did ban someone, but much more free wheeling than the BB that followed.

It is.

Speaking of IRC days... the things that went on there as far as subjects of conversation were so much more over the top than anything ever posted in this sub-forum. And Randy and few others partook in it. Hey it was fun days, but there was no line between wx and off topic. Anyone remember #Nemas channel (chatroom)? LOL There were met's in there also and occasionally we did ban someone, but much more free wheeling than the BB that followed.

Good times with good peeps. Was amazing to find out there were others like me. No PC BS either.

Off-topic but I like this pic I just found on my laptop...I liked the old banter thread when folks were just posting pics of Litchfield County in the snow, lol. We need somewhere to post old winter shots to get us through these tough times... ;)

Photo of my side view mirror on the car on the Mountain Road near my place down in town/valley, with the Spine that creates our weather hovering in the background.

It wasn't much compared to what I've seen other times in OT. :)

Lifetime ban seems extreme, but I guess this isn't a democracy.

I think ban is forever. 5 postings and official warnings can happen first

He was given plenty of chances, but some folks feel like it is ok to provoke. Whatever. Whats done is done.

I feel bad people gave you **** today.

Archived