12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
SNE Late July BANTER , OBS, DISCO

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Key West did not hit 90 degrees this month-- the last time this happened was 28 years ago.

Big big winter incoming.

Fascinating trivia: there have only been 4 years since records began in 1872 that Key West failed to hit 90 at all during the entire year. 1901, 1900, 1890, and 1889.

I can't wait to get back there.

NAM and GFS lost any semblance of a system for Fri. Look like the Euro now. Bring on the heat.

Guess it goes both ways summer and winter, the post alluding to the fact if it were winter that it would never happen is pretty funny now:)

Bring on the heat? :wub:

Guess it goes both ways summer and winter, the post alluding to the fact if it were winter that it would never happen is pretty funny now:)

Bring on the heat? :wub:

It does. I like active weather to be honest. Winter is what got me into this hobby but I've learned to like the severe stuff during spring, summer. Today's system would have been a nice CC special with the majority of the northeast smoking cirrus.

OT, my lawn has survived this summer pretty well. Slight bit of a crabgrass but not too bad. Lawn still 80% green, obviously not as nice as spring. I've only cut it once in the past month and a half. Can't wait for Sept.

It does. I like active weather to be honest. Winter is what got me into this hobby but I've learned to like the severe stuff during spring, summer. Today's system would have been a nice CC special with the majority of the northeast smoking cirrus.

OT, my lawn has survived this summer pretty well. Slight bit of a crabgrass but not too bad. Lawn still 80% green, obviously not as nice as spring. I've only cut it once in the past month and a half. Can't wait for Sept.

Yes, the ebb and flow of lawns in summer.......brown, heal, burn out, heal...........our grass simply loves 50s at night and 70s during the day, the natural stress that lawns go through here in sne (well I am in the ma) but anyways.

My lawns are actually growing pretty quickly right now with the rain and well timed fertilization, however the next two weeks will once again take there toll on non irrigated properties.

Out on block island till Sunday, on and off rain showers for most of the day, but it looks like most of the rain is going to hit the cape. Hopefully all this stuff clears out tomorrow so I can go to the beach!

NIce! Block Is is the best, staying at a house or inn?

I would guess that with the mixing finally getting strong enough to dissipate the undercast that saturated parcels were able to rise just enough above the top of the deck before coming to a halt and sinking back down. As the sfc heating increased, the mixing height increases and you're able to sustain the Cu formation higher up with slightly more buoyant parcels. That's my guess.

Nice, thanks! I was looking for an answer like that, something much more scientific than I'm able to give. That time lapse loop from Boone, NC was awesome, too.

Neat. This sounds like it would have made a cool time lapse.

Yeah I was thinking about that... it was happening too slow for video but a photo every minute for a half hour put into a 30-second clip would've looked pretty darn cool as bubbles of clouds struggle to rise up into the air off the main cloud deck.

Archived