• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
SNE Late July BANTER , OBS, DISCO

HoarfrostHubb

The SREFs are still east, but some of them have no clue. WV is a little concerning, nice little low developing there. I'm starting to think about rain coming closer. These lows suck, because you are at the mercy of convergence and mini deformation rains close to the low. Unlike winter storms, there isn't thermal advection processes to really throw back precip so you are at the mercy of the low track. Not an easy call, and something that came almost out of nowhere. If the GFS shifts a little west, then it may be time to think about Cask N' Flagon.

GFS went west. Part of me still doesn't want to bite, but I think the trend is there.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the inversion and undercast yesterday in NNE...

Maybe a MET could explain this better, but this is around 10am and the inversion is just starting to break. These "convective"-like blobs of clouds would rise like bubbles off the cloud surface and at first, they wouldn't get far before they would "pop" and disappear. As time went on they would get farther and farther off the ground before dissipating... eventually reaching quite high in the sky.

IMG_7418_edited-2.jpg

It was like watching hot-air balloons launching off the inversion surface.

IMG_7426_edited-1.jpg

I would guess that with the mixing finally getting strong enough to dissipate the undercast that saturated parcels were able to rise just enough above the top of the deck before coming to a halt and sinking back down. As the sfc heating increased, the mixing height increases and you're able to sustain the Cu formation higher up with slightly more buoyant parcels. That's my guess.

Regarding the inversion and undercast yesterday in NNE...

Maybe a MET could explain this better, but this is around 10am and the inversion is just starting to break. These "convective"-like blobs of clouds would rise like bubbles off the cloud surface and at first, they wouldn't get far before they would "pop" and disappear. As time went on they would get farther and farther off the ground before dissipating... eventually reaching quite high in the sky.

It was like watching hot-air balloons launching off the inversion surface.

Neat. This sounds like it would have made a cool time lapse.

I would guess that with the mixing finally getting strong enough to dissipate the undercast that saturated parcels were able to rise just enough above the top of the deck before coming to a halt and sinking back down. As the sfc heating increased, the mixing height increases and you're able to sustain the Cu formation higher up with slightly more buoyant parcels. That's my guess.

Was the nam on crack yesterday regarding the hybrid I just saw its actually futher east now than the gfs........hopefully the sox game is dry!

Was the nam on crack yesterday regarding the hybrid I just saw its actually futher east now than the gfs........hopefully the sox game is dry!

Lots of model mayhem with that. I don't mind a little -RA during the game, but I hate going to rain shortened games. It'll be my gf's first game at Fenway, but she'll be cheering on the Tigers. I like how once I got the tix, all of the models went west.

Lots of model mayhem with that. I don't mind a little -RA during the game, but I hate going to rain shortened games. It'll be my gf's first game at Fenway, but she'll be cheering on the Tigers. I like how once I got the tix, all of the models went west.

Yeah that's a tough call. It's a compact little system, so it probably will be a nowcast deal.

Yeah that's a tough call. It's a compact little system, so it probably will be a nowcast deal.

We'll have to monitor the progression of the incoming trough as well. Going to be a close call from the haves and have-nots. Honestly I don't thin anyone sees much W of a BID/TAN/PYM. ACK and CHH will likely come in with the highest.

We'll have to monitor the progression of the incoming trough as well. Going to be a close call from the haves and have-nots. Honestly I don't thin anyone sees much W of a BID/TAN/PYM. ACK and CHH will likely come in with the highest.

There will be a sharp line. SPC WRF actually nails you down there. I'm still not completely buying rain to BOS, but it is possible some rain makes it.

It will be a very warm to hot weekend into early next week. Afterwards, it may be a slightly cooler, but perhaps still very warm atmosphere with thicknesses still near 570. It probably won't be until near mid month with temps overall start to cool. The details like stalled fronts with shwrs and tstms are a little too early to pick out. Obviously, that has a say in temps.

It will be a very warm to hot weekend into early next week. Afterwards, it may be a slightly cooler, but perhaps still very warm atmosphere with thicknesses still near 570. It probably won't be until near mid month with temps overall start to cool. The details like stalled fronts with shwrs and tstms are a little too early to pick out. Obviously, that has a say in temps.

Looked like the ec ens were a little stronger with that cold fropa next Monday compared to the op. A few days of heat are fine with me as long as the pig ridge continues to stay out west.

Looked like the ec ens were a little stronger with that cold fropa next Monday compared to the op. A few days of heat are fine with me as long as the pig ridge continues to stay out west.

Yeah it did. Still a warm week, but nothing like the Plains. The second half of August may be cooler compared to the 1st half, and not just because of climo.

The low was 63 here. It took until about 9:00 for the sun to burn through the low clouds and fog. I think some early signs of the slowly weakening sun.

55F here. :weenie:

12z NAM has ticked W from 6z. Also looks like an in inverted trough hanging back into SE MA.

SREF's bring the 12h 0.25 like to about PVD/BOS.

Yea and no buoy data again out there.

ginx how ridiculous is the ndbc bouy system. it really get to me...you know as i like to forecast and see how the swell's are propogating to shore.....and every other damn bouy is off line. and the message says "it will be fixed when it can be worked into the schedule" so what is the excuse that it's said that for 10 fooking months. worked into the schedule my ass....they don't care about the bouy's or they have no money or they have heads up asses. seriously now

62 for low in wakefield, ma.

what does boston need today to finish + 1.9?

Archived