• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
SNE Late July BANTER , OBS, DISCO

HoarfrostHubb

Wrong............. I made the comment, and I stand by it, what good does it do to post the crap in OT about Pete, I mean really? It was totally classless, childish and lacked intestinal fortitude. It was beyond cowardly, then again what the hell do I know. I guess it makes people feel better talking smack in an OT thread about somebody that cannot defend themselves? Seems akward at best to be honest.

Pete and I battled every single day, hell he was trying to tell me up until yesterday that this was a cool spring and summer, who gives a ****? I do not know what went on in OT I rarely post there if at all, all I know was that he loved snow, loved life and loved this community more than anything, he hated my love for heat.

I will miss him dearly to be honest, how the **** you can judge somebody you have never met is beyond me..............

you strike me as a twelve year old with the use of your asterisks. learn some english.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the banter threads were initially for the "how much in philly" stuff (ok not that bad but you get the drift). this is really more about seeing more of you guys outside your little world in here. maybe it's the wrong 2+2, but not seeing barely anyone from New England in Baltimore was a good reminder of how seclusive you all have become on the forum.

No choice for me but you will not get many in OT, me included, been there done that.

Ouch...sorry. As I mentioned months ago, there has been a medical thing in my family that has kept me close to home for the most part.

I don't expect people to go all the time or even ever--of course there are many extremely valid reasons not to. It was different though... and of course a number did show up.

Hey Ian you were a political science major (I think). It should be obvious what these sub forums have wrought. You take human beings and divide them into separate religions, political entities, etc.... or in this case sub forums, they grow apart, develop their own identities, and hey sometimes they even make war against each other. Humans being are a very aggressive warlike species....at least the testosterone driven males are.

yesterday you made a comment about the idiots in OT... it was pretty clear what you meant. then there was response to that in OT and now again this evening OT is talking about you all and you all are talking about OT. it's silly as well you know. im not going to fight with you. if you think this is all good for the peace and harmony of the board then there's nothing i can do. there is no other issue between us--we're not going to go down an angry path over this. it'll be dealt with without member input if it has to be.

Hey Ian you're a political science major (I think). It should be obvious what these sub forums have wrought. You take human beings and divide them into separate religions, political entities, etc.... or in this case sub forums, they grow apart, develop their own identities, and hey sometimes they even make war against each other. Humans being are a very aggressive warlike species....at the testosterone driven males are.

oh i definitely know (or think i do)... maybe one of the worst ideas ever even if it often seems like a good one.

I still do not understand how Ian survived the Titantic, she lost her grip on him in the icy water.

ha... in the end ill probably just slink away on this one if needed. i guess we can never have what we once did. should just deal.

Hey Ian you were a political science major (I think). It should be obvious what these sub forums have wrought. You take human beings and divide them into separate religions, political entities, etc.... or in this case sub forums, they grow apart, develop their own identities, and hey sometimes they even make war against each other. Humans being are a very aggressive warlike species....at least the testosterone driven males are.

Rick they laughed hard at me when I said this before hand. We voted not to have them, forced down our throat. Now besides the old guys nobody knows anyone, nobody posts regularly in the main forum,. The board is too big they said. Well why do they want it bigger yet? What is the goal? Password protect us, leave us alone, mod will moderate WX threads and banter threads and we will police the rest as needed.

im sorry to litchfield for what i said, but honestly i have no clue who you are and little clue about the pete stuff as it was never very interesting to me. if you have an issue with that it should be with him and how the whole situation was handled on multiple ends. im glad he's gone with what little i know.

I know there was a thread in here for some kind of alternative SNE GTG versus the Conference. I didn't think that was really right... rubbed me the wrong way let's say.

I don't expect people to go all the time or even ever--of course there are many extremely valid reasons not to. It was different though... and of course a number did show up.

you strike me as a twelve year old with the use of your asterisks. learn some english.

While I might not be as articulate as you are Ian, I do ok, I am sorry that my posts do not live up to your standards of English, and that I used too many asterisks. I do excel in one thing, that is being a good father, being a good person, and doing what is noble most of the time.....

I was never involved with the OT crap, never have been never will. I will miss Pete, I think he was a sincere person that just did not know when to back down, but then again.....reading the crap in OT today and the filth, I honestly do not blame him. Vendetta.

Viva la summer

While I might not be as articulate as you are Ian, I do ok, I am sorry that my posts do not live up to your standards of English, and that I used too many asterisks. I do excel in one thing, that is being a good father, being a good person, and doing what is noble most of the time.....

I was never involved with the OT crap, never have been never will. I will miss Pete, I think he was a sincere person that just did not know when to back down, but then again.....reading the crap in OT today and the filth, I honestly do not blame him. Vendetta.

Viva la summer

Hey, great looking family.. btw there is a product in the market called sunscreen.. just saying!

Viva la summer

Nice pic, is that in Litchfield, South Carolina?

I know there was a thread in here for some kind of alternative SNE GTG versus the Conference. I didn't think that was really right... rubbed me the wrong way let's say.

i like a lot of the old crew here just as much or more than many in the MA crew.. i have actively and repeatedly said that in a lot of cases it was the trollers from south of here that were causing problems even when many of them are my friends and i think in a lot of ways they were not trying to be evil about it. but steve is right... this is a much different place than it once was going back to eastern or further to IRC. being into political science, forecasting (weather/strategic/etc) i can't help but see these splits becoming more severe and strengthened over time as some of the old core gets tired and disappears. im sure in some ways im predicting forward and thinking how to stop or slow it but it's certainly possible im wrong either way.

in a lot of ways this is the best wx subforum of the whole group when it's ticking, so it's not even like this is a argument about the fundamental awesomeness of anyone in here. i do know a lot of online acrimony is completely fake in the real world though. the one great thing about the conferences and the fact that they arent just MA or SNE conferences is that i get to meet people like bozart -- those who i seemingly hate online but are very personable and amiable in person. and i dare say our real interaction will change our future online interaction at least partially.

rambling maybe...

but, i just don't see how 6, 7, 12 closed groups on one domain is better than 1 group with multiple different categorizations within. OT is still an equalizer among others. and if it came to people either not ever posting OT here or getting to post some OT in their wx subforum i'd choose the former. new blood--which is more and more important (not quantity, but quality) couldn't give two ****s about the OT if they're browsing this place to find out about the uberstorm coming around the bend.

i like a lot of the old crew here just as much or more than many in the MA crew.. i have actively and repeatedly said that in a lot of cases it was the trollers from south of here that were causing problems even when many of them are my friends and i think in a lot of ways they were not trying to be evil about it. but steve is right... this is a much different place than it once was going back to eastern or further to IRC. being into political science, forecasting (weather/strategic/etc) i can't help but see these splits becoming more severe and strengthened over time as some of the old core gets tired and disappears. im sure in some ways im predicting forward and thinking how to stop or slow it but it's certainly possible im wrong either way.

in a lot of ways this is the best wx subforum of the whole group when it's ticking, so it's not even like this is a argument about the fundamental awesomeness of anyone in here. i do know a lot of online acrimony is completely fake in the real world though. the one great thing about the conferences and the fact that they arent just MA or SNE conferences is that i get to meet people like bozart -- those who i seemingly hate online but are very personable and amiable in person. and i dare say our real interaction will change our future online interaction at least partially.

rambling maybe...

but, i just don't see how 6, 7, 12 closed groups on one domain is better than 1 group with multiple different categorizations within. OT is still an equalizer among others. and if it came to people either not ever posting OT here or getting to post some OT in their wx subforum i'd choose the former. new blood--which is more and more important (not quantity, but quality) couldn't give two ****s about the OT if they're browsing this place to find out about the uberstorm coming around the bend.

I would suggest again, I think I did once before, to form a group that can tackle this issue, made up of posters, mods etc, respected old times and newbies. I bet a team like that can find a solution that is best for the board now and into the future.

I would suggest again, I think I did once before, to form a group that can tackle this issue, made up of posters, mods etc, respected old times and newbies. I bet a team like that can find a solution that is best for the board now and into the future.

It's possible.. and I think the general discussion even in these threads is helpful. However, I think we run into a lot of problems because we don't make enough command decisions. Committees take a long time to form, a long time to examine, a long time to deliberate.. as that happens other issues arise. In some ways these are tiny issues and it's almost laughable to be discussing them in such depth. I do think most of the concerns voiced in the last few days all do tie into a central theme though.

I keep putting in "the good word" for allowing threads to be cross posted in different sub-forums. Seems like that should be technically do-able. I mean for certain wx events that transcend one region such as a Noreaster, a T Storm outbreak like today that affected SNE and the NYC area, etc....

I have selfish reasons because we are kinda left in limbo in Eastern NY now, but I do think you would get more interaction between regions at times that way. It might help a bit to mix things up and re-aquaint people in different sub-forums.

rambling maybe...

Archived