• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Summer update III: SNE region's 4 primary climo sites all remain solidly above normal as of the closing of July 14.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PVD currently at +2.7 MTD. :P

My bad:)

PVD up to +2.8 after yesterdays +5. Does not look like any of the other sites budged. ORH still at +4.0 and BDL/BOS +3.2/+3.3F

Looks like we end the month right around these numbers, I'll bust low on my call.

Felt awesome out there this AM.

Brand new NAO nadir now appearing in the CPC NAO progs ...

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/pna/new.nao_index_ensm.html

I asked Scoot back at the end of May if this could turn out to be a negative NAO summer - it's just amazing how prophetic that was. It's been an annoying journey, too. Negative NAO summers can often be very good for convection, but this year's pulled off dominating -NAO with only so-so convection.

Brand new NAO nadir now appearing in the CPC NAO progs ...

http://www.cpc.ncep....index_ensm.html

I asked Scoot back at the end of May if this could turn out to be a negative NAO summer - it's just amazing how prophetic that was. It's been an annoying journey, too. Negative NAO summers can often be very good for convection, but this year's pulled off dominating -NAO with only so-so convection.

Is there a correlation between -NAO summers and the following winter being a -NAO?

+5 on the day

Dog days of summer are here, and not going anywhere soon, dp of 71 right now and that will probably be the norm around here for at least the next couple weeks.

+3.7 on the month, that will hold steady or tick of towards +4 to round out the month.

Signs point to August being the 18th month in a row of above normal temps at BDR..........

It looks like slowly but surely we are seeing signs of the big AK ULL weaken. We are also seeing a -NAO trying to build in as well. Eventually I would think it means more of a stronger cold front push by late August. That is, if the pattern held as currently modeled.

In the mean time, it looks like periodic spells of humidity, but temps will not be oppressive. I also see this as an opportunity to catch up on some rain deficits.

It looks like slowly but surely we are seeing signs of the big AK ULL weaken. We are also seeing a -NAO trying to build in as well. Eventually I would think it means more of a stronger cold front push by late August. That is, if the pattern held as currently modeled.

In the mean time, it looks like periodic spells of humidity, but temps will not be oppressive. I also see this as an opportunity to catch up on some rain deficits.

Starting today. Looks like some soakers for the areas that get hit.

+5 on the day

Dog days of summer are here, and not going anywhere soon, dp of 71 right now and that will probably be the norm around here for at least the next couple weeks.

+3.7 on the month, that will hold steady or tick of towards +4 to round out the month.

Signs point to August being the 18th month in a row of above normal temps at BDR..........

PVD sitting at +2.6F. Should not budge for the next 3 days.

And if you believe the MAV #s the next few days BOS could avg a hair below normal for each of them.

If you look at the ensembles, I see more of the same too. There will be some bouts of warm and humidity, but the rain chances are there too with weak waves to our south, perhaps. I think the true torch 95 temps are done. Maybe BDL gets a day, but for most of us....I think it's done.

If you look at the ensembles, I see more of the same too. There will be some bouts of warm and humidity, but the rain chances are there too with weak waves to our south, perhaps. I think the true torch 95 temps are done. Maybe BDL gets a day, but for most of us....I think it's done.

Just keep the swamp Azz coming. Looks like no relief in that thru day 10

Archived