• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Summer update III: SNE region's 4 primary climo sites all remain solidly above normal as of the closing of July 14.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes civilization does exit north of the Tappan Zee and west of the Garden State Pkwy. :)

We actually have several malls around ALB also.

In alien territory for the past several days (SNE). Surprised the sun can get so bright up here. Also nice shopping malls, i.e. - the North Shore Mall. Yesterday, Peabody, Salem and Marblehead.

Well after 4 below normal days we've fought back to normal for July.

Current monthly departures in interior VT...

Saint Johnsbury ASOS... -1.3F

Montpelier ASOS... 0.0F

Morrisville-Stowe ASOS... +0.5F

Such a difference up there vs SNE, where generally peeps are +3 to +4F for the month... ORH at +4.3

I don't mind the warmth, just send a good soaking 1.0" rain...

Such a difference up there vs SNE, where generally peeps are +3 to +4F for the month... ORH at +4.3

We finished -1.3 for June. So far this month we are at +3.8. This number will probably be around +3.6 tomorrow assuming it doesn't warm up more than a couple more degrees.

We finished -1.3 for June. So far this month we are at +3.8. This number will probably be around +3.6 tomorrow assuming it doesn't warm up more than a couple more degrees.

Locally I was just above for June due to two days (20th and 21st) that were +16 and +18, as well a couple upslope rain events that kept us locally warmer at night when MPV and 1V4 radiated better.

Yeah well its been warm during the day as our monthly mean high temperature is +4.0F. So if you went by just high temperatures, we are in the same boat as SNE.

However, our overnight mins have been -3.5F so it evens out to only 0.5F above.

It wouldn't take much for us to have a big positive departure if we had higher humidity that allowed us to "fog out" in the low 50s like most summers... however its been so dry, I gotta imagine that's led to us being able to hit the 40s on a fairly regular basis. If dew points averaged like 5-7F warmer, we'd probably be similar to SNE. We are very fog prone here but have not had any fog to speak of. Some summers its every single morning we are 1/2sm vis in fog. The dryness has to have something to do with this.

Or even some rain events that kept overnight temps up... our departures on afternoon temps are about identical to SNE I think.

Locally I was just above for June due to two days (20th and 21st) that were +16 and +18, as well a couple upslope rain events that kept us locally warmer at night when MPV and 1V4 radiated better.

Those days must've come on June 21st or 22nd when we had that brief heat wave (well, up here at least). We finished +16 that day. +18 is impressive though. Given July ends about average, departures for a lot of areas will probably be close to average.

Depends on what you're harvesting I guess. lol Peaches are almost ready.

Splendid day. Low of 50F this morning at @ 6am and then a warm dry day.

Currently a comfy 66/56.

"Wx looks fabulous" say the citizens of West Chesterfield, MA.

harvest2.jpg

Those days must've come on June 21st or 22nd when we had that brief heat wave (well, up here at least). We finished +16 that day. +18 is impressive though. Given July ends about average, departures for a lot of areas will probably be close to average.

Yeah those must have been the days... We've hit 90+ a bunch of times this summer but those were the only days of 90+ with such high mins. We had 67F one day and 65F another morning which were like +15F at that point.

Those were the only two brutal hot/humid days we've really had...all other heat has been dry with days like 91/51 for max/min.

Yeah those must have been the days... We've hit 90+ a bunch of times this summer but those were the only days of 90+ with such high mins. We had 67F one day and 65F another morning which were like +15F at that point.

Those were the only two brutal hot/humid days we've really had...all other heat has been dry with days like 91/51 for max/min.

Only 1 90F day here, although I think last Tues we proabably had 90 (but my thermo and a local Davis said no). Nick (OSU) thinks I probably only average 1 90 day per year. Sounds about right

I could see some more coming next week though

Only 1 90F day here, although I think last Tues we proabably had 90 (but my thermo and a local Davis said no). Nick (OSU) thinks I probably only average 1 90 day per year. Sounds about right

I could see some more coming next week though

Yeah that's crazy...only one 90F day but torching in the departure from normal...meanwhile we've had 4 this month and are within a half a degree of normal.

You must only be dropping into the 60s at night or something instead of 40s and 50s.

Yeah that's crazy...only one 90F day but torching in the departure from normal...meanwhile we've had 4 this month and are within a half a degree of normal.

You must only be dropping into the 60s at night or something instead of 40s and 50s.

This month it has mostly been 50s and 60s at night, 1 of 70, 2 in the 40s

I think 9 50s and 10 60s...

But most of the 50s were upper 50s. Def the humidity has tweeked the lows against me. ah well.

Extended forecast looks like a continuation of the perfect summer weather, though it would be nice to get a good all-day soaking rain in here soon.

Zone forecast for Lamoille County keeps highs in the 70s for Tuesday-Saturday, so seeing as though the average high this time of year here is 80F, looks like a good stretch of slightly below normal weather. Maybe we can continue our pattern of a few positive days followed by 3-5 negative days... rinse and repeat.

Tuesday: Partly sunny with a chance of showers. Highs in the upper 70s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Wednesday: Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s.

Wednesday Night: Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s.

Thursday: Sunny. Highs in the upper 70s.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 50s.

Friday And Friday Night: Partly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 70s. Lows in the mid 50s.

Saturday: Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s.

Extended forecast looks like a continuation of the perfect summer weather, though it would be nice to get a good all-day soaking rain in here soon.

Friday has a chance to be wet. The Euro kinda went bonkers this morning with it, but any rain would be nice right now. Hopefully some can get some rain the next couple of days via storms too.

Zone forecast for Lamoille County keeps highs in the 70s for Tuesday-Saturday, so seeing as though the average high this time of year here is 80F, looks like a good stretch of slightly below normal weather. Maybe we can continue our pattern of a few positive days followed by 3-5 negative days... rinse and repeat.

Tuesday: Partly sunny with a chance of showers. Highs in the upper 70s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Wednesday: Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s.

Wednesday Night: Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s.

Thursday: Sunny. Highs in the upper 70s.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 50s.

Friday And Friday Night: Partly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 70s. Lows in the mid 50s.

Saturday: Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s.

Taking the kids to Santa's Village in Jefferson, NH on Wednesday. Point forecast has a high of 71F while the zone shows mid 70s. Coupled with low dews and abundant sun ... dunno if I could ask for better weather.

Archived