• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Summer update III: SNE region's 4 primary climo sites all remain solidly above normal as of the closing of July 14.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go again.

What is fantatsic is that we probably escaped the tortuous heat wave for good this summer. Going forward looks typical and not extreme. Turning into one of the best summers ever , seriously . Even the bouts of rain are just enough to provide a drink. The clock has spun, mega death ridge denied. TGFTNAO

Continues a string going back to March of sunny weekends...amazing how many weekends have been nice this spring and summer

I think that is just perception. BDR has had measureable precipitation on 9 of the 20 weekends since March 1st and at least 0.25 inches of rain on 6 of them. Here are the numbers:

2012-03-04....0.27

2012-03-25....0.11

2012-04-01....0.44

2012-04-15....0.01

2012-04-22....1.76

2012-05-27....0.02

2012-06-03....1.27

2012-06-24....0.29

2012-07-15....0.97

What is fantatsic is that we probably escaped the tortuous heat wave for good this summer. Going forward looks typical and not extreme. Turning into one of the best summers ever , seriously . Even the bouts of rain are just enough to provide a drink. The clock has spun, mega death ridge denied. TGFTNAO

I disagree Steve. I'm thinking the heat core is further east in August and we'll swelter plenty. Modeling starting to show hints of that actually. 2002 lives. And who wouldn't take the winter that followed?

I disagree Steve. I'm thinking the heat core is further east in August and we'll swelter plenty. Modeling starting to show hints of that actually. 2002 lives. And who wouldn't take the winter that followed?

Yeah August like July is looking brutal ESP with the humidity for those that don't like it. My advice would be to buy extra TP now because it may be very scarce in August as folks use 1-2 rolls per sitting

Yeah August like July is looking brutal ESP with the humidity for those that don't like it. My advice would be to buy extra TP now because it may be very scarce in August as folks use 1-2 rolls per sitting

I think brutal is an exaggeration. July is above by a lot so far, but a few degrees warmer than avg does not equal brutal.

I posted about it last night but still looking over the climate forms from the SNE locations to here in VT, it is quite startling. It hasn't seemed like we've had too many fronts in the area or boundaries but there's a point where the departures go from like +5 to 0F (even St Johnsbury with over 100 year data set is actually below normal).

This is why so many folks have been saying this is the best summer ever. This is the local MVL Morrisville-Stowe climate report and look at how hot the days are... 4 day have 90F+ which is more than ORH I think.

Average high this month has been 82.9F and the average low has been 53.8F. That's about as perfect as it gets for summer temperatures as far as I'm concerned. But with more 90F days than ORH, its been the lows that are keeping us down and I gotta imagine that's due to the dry conditions.

Look at some of these days... High of 91F, low of 51F... High 92F, low of 54F. Average low is 55-56F in July, so although we're hitting 90+ we were still getting below normal at night.

Or the days like 85F/48F.... that 85F is +7F but the low is -8F so we get a high of 85F and still do a -1F for the day.

I just think its impressive we are averaging just about a 30F diurnal difference with the monthly average high of 82.9F and low of 53.8F. Above normal for the high, and below normal for the low.

As long as this is around I disagree, CFS for August concurs.

Step back from that graph and remember that at the NAO high water + mark the negative temperature epartures were steepest. NAO in summer of 2010 and 2011 didn't stop them from being hot. The western Atlantic ridge and the mid country heat dome are going to have a party in August.

where are you getting end of month above normal from?

I think we end the rest of the month above normal, but nothing drastic like the first half. Even a +2 will knock the July departures down a bit so it's going to be difficult for BDL to finish with a +4 given where they are now. We'll see.

Step back from that graph and remember that at the NAO high water + mark the negative temperature epartures were steepest. NAO in summer of 2010 and 2011 didn't stop them from being hot. The western Atlantic ridge and the mid country heat dome are going to have a party in August.

are you guessing or using actual data?

From just about everywhere. Nothing has normal or cool as we end the month. It looks warm to hot

I tend to agree with you, at least SNE though we'll probably finish just above normal, but it may be close if we keep getting these below normal interludes (today will be the 4th straight below normal day and earlier we had another nice 4 day stretch). Still amazing we are on our 8 below normal day while SNE spots are just having their first yesterday.

But down in SNE it probably stays above normal. The pattern seems to be repeating itself and I don't see why it would change.

As we discussed earlier in June, 500 anomalies dnt tell the whole story. Otherwise we wouldn't all be well above for July so far.

we discussed that in Mid June for that month which,ended up below normal, nothing was discussed about the front end of July. My P/C says I average at normal this week. I agree. I am not BDL or IJD either. Wonderful days like today are what summer is all about. Enjoy

we discussed that in Mid June for that month which,ended up below normal, nothing was discussed about the front end of July. My P/C says I average at normal this week. I agree. I am not BDL or IJD either. Wonderful days like today are what summer is all about. Enjoy

You average normal for the month? Throw out your thermometer or stop drinking the GC Kool Aid. All climo sites well above. Now that may drop 1-2 by months end but still +3 or more for the climo hottest month is nothing to sneeze at. Agree....perfect day today.

Edit...just re read your post. Yes this week is normal. Week after may be also but biased warmer back end if it's colder front end. Similar to this week.

Archived