• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Summer update III: SNE region's 4 primary climo sites all remain solidly above normal as of the closing of July 14.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on the daytime 60s down there...wish I had them here to change it up, but mid 70s and sun was nice too.

CLI highs and deps for the day...

BOS 71 -11

BDL 71 -14

PVD 69 -14

ORH 69 -10

BDR 72 -11

Too bad for the midnight highs, since midday temps were so impressively cool.

Weird to have a high in the 60s....its been a while and they are hard to get in July.

Hard to believe July 2009 had 5 days with highs in the 60s.

1986 and 2000 were also Julys with multiple 60s days. BDL averages 0.7 July days with highs in the 60s per year. ORH 2.1, BOS 2.1, and PVD 0.8.

Having a huge lacrosse tournament in town this weekend and all hotels are sold out...all these folks coming from points south are talking about the lack of humidity and cool temps.

They are absolutely shocked that it gets into the 40s at night...you'd think it was getting down to 15F or something based on the reactions. But I guess given the summer in spots like CT/NJ/PA days of mid 70s and nights of mid 40s have been hard to come by.

1986 and 2000 were also Julys with multiple 60s days. BDL averages 0.7 July days with highs in the 60s per year. ORH 2.1, BOS 2.1, and PVD 0.8.

I forgot about 2000...that was actually 0.2F cooler here than 2009 but I overlooked it. That summer had a lot of cold clear days...a rarity.

Having a huge lacrosse tournament in town this weekend and all hotels are sold out...all these folks coming from points south are talking about the lack of humidity and cool temps.

They are absolutely shocked that it gets into the 40s at night...you'd think it was getting down to 15F or something based on the reactions. But I guess given the summer in spots like CT/NJ/PA days of mid 70s and nights of mid 40s have been hard to come by.

I was the only one at work today in a long sleeve T. Everyone else was saying how cold it was. Pays to know as Blizz 24 says, somethings.

Archived