• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

Suffice it to say, you'll kick my butt. I didn't run it last year, but for the 2010 race, I did it in 1:01:28. Considering that I had a 5-mile PR of 26:24 when I was 17 and ran the New Haven 20K in 68 something, it's a little embarrassing. But, it is what it is.

I just got back from my run now. My watch showed 1:03. Since I was't raciing, I was feeling pretty decent in light of the 2010 time. However, I got home and reviewed the course again and discovered that I had cut about 1/2 mile out of it. lol

I'll take a picture of the hill--you get a good view of it from the bridge. According to my gps, you do a climb of about 460' in .6 miles. Heavy, heavy walking.

Edit: my 2009 time was 58:03. I'm in better shape than then, so hopefulily I can beat that.

That's a great time. No reason to be ashamed. 6.4 miles right? I actually ran 6.28 this morning in 49.20 mins

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love when you make sweeping false statements like this. It gives the pros something to correct you on. It's been warm and occassionally humid but much of the month has featured comfortable DP's. Perhaps down south in CT it's been different but to the North of you it hasn't been the least bit brutal.

I'm in Ayer Mass, N of Rt 2 and it most certainly has averaged uncomfortable much of the time. It's a subjective debate to a great degree, and also one prone to being biased to one's particular neighborhood - which questions the value of getting involved, of course. But we have anomalously high number 90F days here, and the DPs have been in the 60s much of the time. We did have a few days where they recessed to near 50, but the number of days at or above 60 while matched with anomalously high temperatures has dominated the verification set.

Not to get involved, just sayin'

One of the most funny (and sad at the same time) tv moments.

Another spectacular mid summer morning here on the midcoast of Maine. Current temp 79.2°F.

rocky-river.jpg

Beautiful shot. We'll be back up in Bath this weekend for my wife's family's annual reunion. A bit of an exaggeration since there are only 4 siblings that see each other through the year. I guess since it's never at the same time, 'reunion' counts.

That's a great time. No reason to be ashamed. 6.4 miles right? I actually ran 6.28 this morning in 49.20 mins

10K is 6.2.

Sad to hear the misery in Ayer. Been nice here aside from yesterday.

Same here... yesterday was the first day I started to feel uncomfortable in a long time as dews hit 60-63F. Last night we only dropped to 58F and its definitely a bit uncomfortable today with dews another notch up in the 63-65F range.

No lying... today is uncomfortable. However, earlier in this heat period as well as most of the other warm periods, dews have been 40s and 50s.

I know overnight lows have kept BOS above normal and hurt them in that department, but up here its actually been the lows that have kept us closer to normal. Overnights have been below normal consistently while daytime highs have been above normal.

Sad to hear the misery in Ayer. Been nice here aside from yesterday.

Ha ha. No, I wouldn't call it "miserable" - what's been going on in the Midwest, now THAT is miserable.

Seasonally warm biased is the best way to describe it. But it's not just Ayer, per se, all the climo sites reflect this: 12 of the first 14 at KHFD were above normal, and of every other, KORH, KPVD and KBOS, there have been no negative days reported at all.

As far as the numbers go ... yeah,they are not overwhelming, which is why I say seasonally warm departed. One can find all this data readily on KTAN's climate/local page on the web, so there is no debate. It's in black and white. Now ... none of this speaks to N NE... In fact, VT - I think - has had a kind of cool micro climate up there. That kind of makes sense though; the means have had a rather deep layer WNW flow, and the tends to average much of the Greens in an up slope flow. But that much is just a guess.

Nice 150 wind. I've seen low 90s with that wind.

Looks like 90 fail at BDL.

Clouds hqve moved in and breeze is so light..even at the shore. Heading to the bay area for work 7/23-26. I was there 2 years ago. One day it was 51 at noon in late july......had to come back to SNE to warm up.....

Clouds hqve moved in and breeze is so light..even at the shore. Heading to the bay area for work 7/23-26. I was there 2 years ago. One day it was 51 at noon in late july......had to come back to SNE to warm up.....

Froze my but off in August there last year. Beautiful city, but quite chilly. Fall is the best time there.

After one of the more beautiful weeks in July in my life we have to endure a bout of true HHH weather until Wed then yet another Chamber period commences. Facts, yes we are way above normal but we also have had some of the finest summer conditions possible. Far from brutal yet hot and dry enough to make coming out of the water cooling. Truly BSE weather returns Thursday.

Even in Maine though ...

WATERVILLE SUNNY 84 72 65 S6 29.99F

BANGOR PTSUNNY 85 70 60 S8 30.02F

That's right now. So if you are saying its comfortable "other than yesterday", we should keep in mind that Maine is a big state -

Make no mistake... today feels like the worst day so far because of the dews hovering around 65F up this way. The temps are about the same as they've been a lot of these hot days (85-90) right now, but there's a big difference in how you feel when its 89/65 vs. 90/47.

Its amazing how much of a difference 15-20F increase in dews feels like... from mid/late last week being as low as 20% RH with Td 40s, to now Tds in the mid 60s, even with no real high temp change, it just feels nasty out.. whereas before it just felt like one of those hot spells in April or something when its very warm but its so dry you don't notice it really.

Even today...the td has been in the low 60s from FIT to BOS and CON is down to 59F. They're finally creeping up into the U60s at BDL, but they may not even make 90F today. Like Steve said, the next few days will be hot with some periods of higher humidity, but we haven't had a true 93/74 soup airmass yet this month.

I want to be optimistic about convection this afternoon, but ... this almost has the appeal of only a few lucky types getting a cell, and everyone else getting misery in light anvil puke causing DPs to get out of control in the aftermath of an earlier sun-baked Earth.

On the other hand, convection really is a micro to meso scale concern. Right along Rt 2 clear out to the western part of the state there are sky lights with lots of sun now punching through what was a solid cirrus shield earlier on. Unsure ... but perhaps there is a narrow band of destablizing going on here -

Archived