• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

What are mine?

Rely on machine weighted numbers,,very heavy on MOS/MET=rip and read. Always dwell on negatives and what will go wrong

What are Phil's? ocean influences his forecasts. That may work for his area but most don't live there.

What are Will's?Always lOoks fit coldest/snowy solutions even in patterns that are obviously not going to produce. Tends to have a cold bias ESP in summer

What are Scott's?too cautious and forecasts out I a box based in models. Doesn't look at big picture or think outside of BoX

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great! Hah I love winter and snow best, but I can appreciate flowers and foliage for a few months.

WIldflowers are wonderful and a fantastic way to cover space, they are mostly perennials come back every year, need no watering and if you take the time in the late fall to spread the seed from the dying cones will come back more glourious than ever not to mention how easy they are to sow.

As of today, yes....but not all are +5 or better currently. We are seabreezing today. +5 by Wednesday Night may be close. That's a big bounce.

But, if we can push high 80s low 90s Wednesday...probably will happen. Tomorrow also has a slight seabreeze possibility.

Look at the normals. A lot of that is due to seabreeze. No seabreeze = torch. BOS normal is the product of extremes on both ends. It's either 90 or 78 many times it seems, and all a product of the wind direction. But, there is no question the general airmass is warm and that supports the warmer temps obviously.

Wht all due respect, if you look at hourlies through July for BOS, you'll find lots of easterly wind days. However, as you pointed out many times, very high minima have made this month quite warm in the mean. Also, high sst has greatly muted the effect of the sea breeze. Many times when winds have been onshore it still has felt wrm....kind of like an east wind south of SNE in high summer.

Wht all due respect, if you look at hourlies through July for BOS, you'll find lots of easterly wind days. However, as you pointed out many times, very high minima have made this month quite warm in the mean. Also, high sst has greatly muted the effect of the sea breeze. Many times when winds have been onshore it still has felt wrm....kind of like an east wind south of SNE in high summer.

We've had a lot of light winds from a 100-140 direction. That's usually a mild breeze to the ASOS. We haven't had the 08014KT type deals to chill us off. That helps a ton as you said. Every seabreeze has been feeble.

Tuesday has the look of an all out torch imo. Upper 90s or so. Your +5 or so by Wednesday night is within reach I think, especially if Wednesday is warm.

What kind of time do you run it in?

Suffice it to say, you'll kick my butt. I didn't run it last year, but for the 2010 race, I did it in 1:01:28. Considering that I had a 5-mile PR of 26:24 when I was 17 and ran the New Haven 20K in 68 something, it's a little embarrassing. But, it is what it is.

I just got back from my run now. My watch showed 1:03. Since I was't raciing, I was feeling pretty decent in light of the 2010 time. However, I got home and reviewed the course again and discovered that I had cut about 1/2 mile out of it. lol

I'll take a picture of the hill--you get a good view of it from the bridge. According to my gps, you do a climb of about 460' in .6 miles. Heavy, heavy walking.

Edit: my 2009 time was 58:03. I'm in better shape than then, so hopefulily I can beat that.

There's a lot of weak S-SE flow across the interior too though (ASH/MHT/SFM/LWM). PWM went 080 and dropped into the low 70s from an 8am high.

Thanks for the heads-up. Just getting ready to hit the beach ... area stations showing 70/65, so a much different feel from my inland location. High clouds have also just arrived.

Archived