• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this done this month without high humidity, so no overnight low BS to contaminate.

BOS will be +5-+6 as we close out week 3 of July..........YIKES

The lows have really driven the temps up here. However, the 90+ days will probably do the opposite. Should be hot right through Tuesday and possibly Wednesday.

I love when you make sweeping false statements like this. It gives the pros something to correct you on. It's been warm and occassionally humid but much of the month has featured comfortable DP's. Perhaps down south in CT it's been different but to the North of you it hasn't been the least bit brutal.

it's very rare anyone has to correct me..more often than not I am correcting someone else..like when someone says July hasn't been a hot month..I point out that BOS and BDL and Pittsfield are all near or over +4 this month which is a roaster

Perhaps its about time to adjust climo for BOS?

Look at the normals. A lot of that is due to seabreeze. No seabreeze = torch. BOS normal is the product of extremes on both ends. It's either 90 or 78 many times it seems, and all a product of the wind direction. But, there is no question the general airmass is warm and that supports the warmer temps obviously.

it's very rare anyone has to correct me..more often than not I am correcting someone else..like when someone says July hasn't been a hot month..I point out that BOS and BDL and Pittsfield are all near or over +4 this month which is a roaster

It's Scooter's full time job here.lol Man, you can be funny. Thanks for the laugh.

July has been warm. You can't spin that. Have we had extremely oppressive days? Not really...but it has been warm. Lack of very high dews makes nights more tolerable for areas like Pete that can radiate.

Pete ignores the ten thousand posts you have said that its been warm.

Nothing screams brutality like highs in the 70's to near 80. After the clouds and showers over the next 24 to 48 hours things look great here.

Tuesday Night A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low around 67. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

• Wednesday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 81. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
  • Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 56.
  • Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.
  • Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 53.
  • Friday Sunny, with a high near 75.
  • Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 54.
  • Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.

Nothing screams brutality like highs in the 70's to near 80. After the clouds and showers over the next 24 to 48 hours things look great here.

Tuesday Night A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low around 67. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

• Wednesday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 81. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Pete, you are enduring the warmest year ever in recorded history and coming off the 2nd worst winter for much of sne.

July is going to finish in the extreme relative to normal on the above side. You look like a fool.

This is reality

Tonight:
Clearing. Warm and muggy with patchy fog. Low: near 70.

Monday
: Partly to mostly sunny, hot, and humid, a slight chance for a thunderstorm. Low: 71. High: 94 inland, 90 shore.

Tuesday:
Mostly sunny and hot; a touch less humid. Low: 71. High: 95 inland, 90 shore.

Wednesday:
Partly sunny and hot with a chance for an afternoon thunderstorm. Low: 72. High: 93 inland, 89 shore.

Thursday:
Partly sunny to mostly sunny, not as hot or as humid. Low: 62. High: 84 inland, 82 shore.

Friday:
Partly to mostly sunny, dry and seasonably warm. Low: 61. High: 83 inland, 80 shore.

Saturday:
Partly sunny and warm. Low: 64. High: 85 inland, 81 shore.

July has been warm. You can't spin that. Have we had extremely oppressive days? Not really...but it has been warm. Lack of very high dews makes nights more tolerable for areas like Pete that can radiate.

66/62, after a low of 59. It's been warm but there hasn't been a day yet that has been 'brutal'. Warm days and cool nights. Nearly every overnight low has been in the 40's or 50's. There simply hasn't been any life threatening or extraordinary heat.

This is reality

Tonight:

Monday
: Partly to mostly sunny, hot, and humid, a slight chance for a thunderstorm. Low: 71. High: 94 inland, 90 shore.

Tuesday:

Wednesday:
Partly sunny and hot with a chance for an afternoon thunderstorm. Low: 72. High: 93 inland, 89 shore.

Thursday:
Partly sunny to mostly sunny, not as hot or as humid. Low: 62. High: 84 inland, 82 shore.

Friday:
Partly to mostly sunny, dry and seasonably warm. Low: 61. High: 83 inland, 80 shore.

Saturday:

Your reality perhaps but not ours. Have yet to hit 90 this summer. Probably won't. Maybe a day or two. Big whoops.

This is reality

Tonight:

Monday

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Meh.

Tonight: Cloudy. Numerous showers and thunderstorms...mainly in the evening. Patchy fog. Humid with lows in the mid 60s. West winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Monday: Partly sunny in the morning...then clearing. Patchy fog in the morning. Humid with highs in the upper 80s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy. Patchy fog. Humid with lows in the lower 60s. West winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Patchy fog. Hot with highs in the mid 90s. West winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s.

Wednesday: Partly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy. Cooler with lows in the upper 50s.

Thursday Through Saturday: Mostly clear. Highs in the lower 80s. Lows in the upper 50s.

For your area & elevation, that is a torch.

The only thing that has been oppressive and life threatening, is the back and forth arguing. Sometimes I want to swallow an Uzi.

There is nothing to argue about, its been WELL above normal across all of SNE.

By WED some of the monthly numbers are going to be ridiculous and after a near normal few days the last week of the month could be well above normal again.

If this were January and we were -3--5 across the area, there would be no argument that it wasnt cold, five me a ****ing break.

Pete, you are enduring the warmest year ever in recorded history and coming off the 2nd worst winter for much of sne.

July is going to finish in the extreme relative to normal on the above side. You look like a fool.

Joe, I laugh at all the blathering on about extreme heat. It's been warm but there is absolutely nothing extreme about the weather this summer. From the lack of T-storms to the failure to crack the 90* mark. Boring, boring, boring. Do you wear a hat when you work outside? Perhaps you should because I think your brain is being fried. Hey, you never replied about golf on the 27th? Now it will have to wait until August as I've entered a tournament that weekend. PM me a date that works for you and I'll make it work for me. No Mondays, that's the one day it's tough for me to get away from my crew.

Joe, I laugh at all the blathering on about extreme heat. It's been warm but there is absolutely nothing extreme about the weather this summer. From the lack of T-storms to the failure to crack the 90* mark. Boring, boring, boring. Do you wear a hat when you work outside? Perhaps you should because I think your brain is being fried. Hey, you never replied about golf on the 27th? Now it will have to wait until August as I've entered a tournament that weekend. PM me a date that works for you and I'll make it work for me. No Mondays, that's the one day it's tough for me to get away from my crew.

DUDE, its not about how you "feel" I work in this weather to 5-6 days a week and its a lot hotter for me, its about FACTS and whats relative to normal where we live, in our part of the world. Maybe you would do well down south since you can enjoy the warmth like myself, but that is ****ing irrelevant the only thing that matters are facts, not your opinion or feeling or ability to work in the warmth.

I said on here the 27th works ugh.

DUDE, its not about how you "feel" I work in this weather to 5-6 days a week and its a lot hotter for me, its about FACTS and whats relative to normal where we live, in our part of the world. Maybe you would do well down south since you can enjoy the warmth like myself, but that is ****ing irrelevant the only thing that matters are facts, not your opinion or feeling or ability to work in the warmth.

The fact is, as many have told you, there has been nothing unbearable about the weather this Summer. Most places outside of the concrete jungles and the I-95 corridor haven't even seen a true heat wave. The heat has had no teeth. Even better Summer is just flying by and this will all be over soon. Very soon. I'll likely have the first frost in 60 days or less. If it gets truly hot here I'll admit it. So far, meh.

Archived