• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

I was just out moving the sprinkler and this is the Gods honest truth. Someone was playing a remix of Hot Stuff by Donna Summer. I mean it was banging out of either a car or home. I couldn't tell where it was coming from which was odd. Joe, are you in Tolland? If that is not a sign from above I don't know what is

Almost embarrassing.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have? They've pretty much been nailing the H5 pattern and where the core of the heat is. With a stronger westerly component and a pretty much torched NAMER the troughs are only cooling us down to AOA max temps with dry days. I think a few of us in here saw the idea of keeping the big heat again to our SW and hence the idea to go < +2F for July, but with all of these sunny W/NW flow days there's no way to really knock the larger positive departures down.

My avg min this month currently sits at 58.7F and my monthly high min to date is 64.3F, and I don't even radiate that well. CON is running -0.5F from their normal July min. Obviously the mins have been kept up a bit in the urban centers and along the coast, but in the interior countryside it's been nice.

But what about the high dews measured at home weather stations in forests, on top of grass, next to ponds. Where people live!?!?

I blame the solar storm for all of the anger. The timing is perfectly correlated.

I knew there was a reason.

How come u never say a thing about the drivel that MRG posts to the opposite extreme ?

Scoob, I report my daily highs and lows. I counter the Torch Twins never ending stream of misinformation. I never make up stuff about model output. You don't see me saying days and days of 50's and rain when the models are showing dry, 80* weather. Do you know why you never read posts from the Mets here telling me my model interpretations are incorrect? Because I don't make sh*t up to support my bias.

72/67, already into the brutal low 70's. Time for some chores and then recreation. Hopefully we won't all burn up today. Looks like some healthy shower activity in WNY/PA. It'll be great if that moves east later today, once all the fun has been had. Get out there people, do something fun outdoors!!!!

might not be a whole lot of sun away from E areas today.

Plenty of it here so far, Phil, though from a heavy haze.

72/67, already into the brutal low 70's. Time for some chores and then recreation. Hopefully we won't all burn up today. Looks like some healthy shower activity in WNY/PA. It'll be great if that moves east later today, once all the fun has been had. Get out there people, do something fun outdoors!!!!

Up to 77.2/66 at the Pit. Off to Shelburne Falls to run the 10K course. Hopefully it's not too warm at the 420' start point on the river. Given what we have up here, I expect the worst.

So what do you use if they are gone? Model temps?

meteorology and not modelology ftw. I can't imagine NWS offices are happy about this.

i hadn't read they are actually trying to get rid of them...is that true?

Yeah I've heard they're trying to phase out all MOS. What will most NWS/TV mets do????????????

that makes no sense for them i'd think...would love to know the reason as it seems they populate all the grids with MAV/MEX like 95% of the time...same for local offices.

I'm not sure if they're canning GMOS though...Bob I see you browsing, did he say anything about that or is it all MOS?

Archived