• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mugs and jugs for all. One of my tall frosties from last night

That photo should be in OT, Eric. Also, as a non-drinker, I find it offensive and a personal assault. As such, I'm calling for your suspension.

64/61, another beautiful Summer night here on the east slope of the Berkshires. Looking forward to getting some more rain. This mornings activity was a nice bonus surprise. Who are all these cross forum trolls in here? I sure hope Sheriff Bob rides in here and cleans the thread up.

What we got yesterday really did nothing with respect to the dry conditions. But, as I was running along the Deerfield in it, I recognized that any rain is good rain. Hopefully we'll get a good bit today/tonight. The official forecasts are pretty bullish--at least with respect to WNE.

Here's hoping.....

No--only areas west of the river. You'll have to cross over to West Springifled for that. :)

Well, I'm less than a quarter mile from the river, so it will be close enough.

I've been here all week, and haven't once been tempted to don a shawl. Still, it hasn't been intolerable thanks to low dews and decent breezes most days.

Models have slowly backed off the heavy rain idea and okx has lowered chances for today to 40%, looks like a later afternoon type deal with a possible small renegade shower this morning, otherwise wife and daughter get home and its time to hit the beach.

Someone needs to have their moderator title revoked

Its like an April Fools joke or something............I like Bob a lot think he is a good person, but nobody contributed more to the lawn and garden thread than he did so his statement last night was certainly contradictory. If gardens, lawns and skiing are not weather related and dependent than I have no idea what to say.

Something seems off, perhaps its all a joke.

July 24-31, 2012 Thoughts:

The GFS ensembles continue to suggest that the PNA could go strongly negative prior to the start of this period (values -1.00 or below). At the same time, the development of a possible El Niño event continues albeit on a gradual basis. As a result, one could continue to see widespread warmth (with some exceptions) across North America to close July.

The chart below shows the composite temperature anomalies for ENSO Region 3.4 anomalies of +0.20°C to +0.80°C, a PNA of -1.50 to -0.50, and an AO of -0.25 to +0.50 for North America.

July24to312012.gif

The NAEFS for the July 22-28 timeframe shows a probability of warm anomalies across virtually all of North America, except Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, and part of the West Coast. Some of the ensemble guidance suggests that the Arctic region could see readings become closer to normal toward and during the last week of July and perhaps even somewhat cooler than normal in areas. Should such a regime develop and persist, it could have implications down the road, particularly as August evolves.

Taking into consideration the upstream conditions, teleconnection analogs, ensemble guidance, and decadal trends, I expect the following for the July 24-31 timeframe:

- Warmer than normal across most or all of Canada

- Near to perhaps somewhat cooler than normal across Texas

- Cooler than normal in the Pacific Northwest

- Warmer than normal across the rest of the U.S.

Given some of the analogs that are in the mix and pattern repetition over the past 6 months, one cannot rule out the possibility of some much above normal readings in parts of the Central Plains, Great Lakes (U.S. and Canada), and Eastern U.S. during a portion of the July 24-31 period.

Donny's been great all summer..Looks like the last week of July is another brutal week for us

AWT..not much rain for most of us in SNE. Sprinkler is fired up for yet another day

Western and northern areas should have a good chance. Even you I think. I'm not sure I believe the euro and GFS for eastern areas, but they are pretty good for here verbatim. However, I'm not so sure about this area.

Don;t you consider my area western?

Not really. You're more central. I think you have a shot of some rains late today or this evening. I can't say you won't be missed and a place like Stafford gets hit, but you have a better shot than me. Wednesday and Wednesday Night offer another good chance as a strong cold front moves in.

What a magnificent summer! My wife and I just h ad dinner. 15 year Glenlivet ftw!

Hiya Jerry! And the rest of the guys. I am usually not on too much in the summer but I have to agree that this is the most spectacular summer in my 5 seasons up here. We have escaped most of the oppressive heat and have had day after day in the 80s and sunny. My vegetable gardens are doing great. Hanging on the screened porch, which has become my new office.

A little hot and dry the last couple days but hopefully some rain on its way.

A summer like this will translate into a classic cold and snowy winter.

The Glenlivet 15 sounds great, although I'd put a plug in for m Macallan 18 which I just finished.

Cheers and best to all.

The entire month of July has been hot and humid..Sorry

I love when you make sweeping false statements like this. It gives the pros something to correct you on. It's been warm and occassionally humid but much of the month has featured comfortable DP's. Perhaps down south in CT it's been different but to the North of you it hasn't been the least bit brutal.

Hiya Jerry! And the rest of the guys. I am usually not on too much in the summer but I have to agree that this is the most spectacular summer in my 5 seasons up here. We have escaped most of the oppressive heat and have had day after day in the 80s and sunny. My vegetable gardens are doing great. Hanging on the screened porch, which has become my new office.

A little hot and dry the last couple days but hopefully some rain on its way.

A summer like this will translate into a classic cold and snowy winter.

The Glenlivet 15 sounds great, although I'd put a plug in for m Macallan 18 which I just finished.

Cheers and best to all.

Hi Mahk!! Hope you're having a great Summer and that your garden is doing well. This Autumn when we get a gtg together I hope you'll try to make it.

BDR now +5.2 for the month, as Scooter has said multiple times anything over +2 in July is impressive.

18 days in a row of above normal temps at BDR

Should be around +6.5 for the month by Friday...........impressive????? lol its ****ing ridiculous..........add 17 months in a row baby and we are talking historical.

Fellowship For Fire

Society to prevent the love of gloom and doom

Archived