mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
June 2012 Heat Wave Observations and Disco II

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read posts in the past about personal wx stations being highly inaccurate with dews due to surrounding vegetation. I just glanced over at my console and it keeps fluctuating between 75 and 76 and heat index values have been well over 100 for a while now. I should look at *actual* weather stations for a more accurate reading, correct?

91.1/76 as of right now.

I've read posts in the past about personal wx stations being highly inaccurate with dews due to surrounding vegetation. I just glanced over at my console and it keeps fluctuating between 75 and 76 and heat index values have been well over 100 for a while now. I should look at *actual* weather stations for a more accurate reading, correct?

91.1/76 as of right now.

Well, they don't reflect the overall airmass due to evapotranspiration, but I would say they reflect your backyard as far as what you breathe/feel/etc.

I'm looking at the PDFamily map and seeing most places in the 80's-low 90's. It's 1:00p.m., not sure if there's going to be much in the way of high 90's with the exception of a few locales. Probably I'm wrong, but that's my take looking at the map at 1:00p.m.

87.7/73

Top 3 worst heat wave of all of our lives underway and already over performing with temps and with dews!! Put on your Bbbooogie shoes

Congrats on the call for a number of places to experience a heat wave< kev, but let's keep a grip on reality. :)

I hope at least 1 of the SNE stations records an official 100/70

KFS FT???? (to be determined)

Not bad in the parking lot here at work. Pretty dry feeling so far

Even if I end up with a dead nuts forecast for this massive heat attack, none of these guys will give me any credit lol. But in our mind at least we did good and provided accurate and life saving information and that is what makes me feel the best

91.4 / 72 at 1 p.m. , 5 degree increase over past 75 mins

It's interesting... some places are not rising the last hour. BED over here is 90 both intervals. BOS only went up from 91 to 92... Eh, going from noon to 1 and only gaining a click or two, or none, ain't going to cut it.

Then there's Westfield Ma: 201653 CLR 10 95 69 3112G16

It's interesting... some places are not rising the last hour. BED over here is 90 both intervals. BOS only went up from 91 to 92... Eh, going from noon to 1 and only gaining a click or two, or none, ain't going to cut it.

Then there's Westfield Ma: 201653 CLR 10 95 69 3112G16

yeah i noticed that as well

Archived