EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
June 2012 Heat Wave Observations and Disco II

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you ask your boss Meteotrade if they need any help at WSI? I'd love to get my foot in the door as a met

You are more weather bell material. I'll be impressed if we can get 70 or better dews this afternoon because I figured mid to upper 60s during peak heating. Tomorrow they may be a bit lower but Friday they may come up again.

We'll leave it at that. I don't think we are all disagreeing that it's wrong..it's just that vegetation can cause highly localized variance in things like dews and even temps.

Cornbelt dews can pop into the mid 80s when the plants are at peak growth rates.

Highest dew I saw at 7 AM was 66, at several stations. One was FVE; the WF must be in Gaspe. Some up to 70 at 10 AM - SFM was 86/70 for HI of 90. I'm guessing a top temp of 87 for my transpirationally cooled BY.

Cornbelt dews can pop into the mid 80s when the plants are at peak growth rates.

Highest dew I saw at 7 AM was 66, at several stations. One was FVE; the WF must be in Gaspe. Some up to 70 at 10 AM - SFM was 86/70 for HI of 90. I'm guessing a top temp of 87 for my transpirationally cooled BY.

Corn belt area is brutal and that can be something where thousands of square miles have dews like 80+ since such a large area is farmland. Part of the reason why they have MCS.

Makes today seem comfortable in comparison. I do not miss the corn-fed dewpoints at all, my first day at work was 84/80...

Based off 10 AM obs up here, low to mid 90s look good for just about everyone outside of the Midcoast and mountains.

big difference just a few miles inland...85 here.

Yeah, its night and day, on our walk when we were down at sasco beach the fog had rolled in almost to the sand, just a 100 yds away it was a different climate, lots of microclimates on the shore today, unless the wind can become true westerly.

What a beautiful day, seabreeze already blowing here, my temp is 74 with a southerly wind, bdr 76 so we will call it 76. Coast ftw, while the interior bakes.

Almost work time, heading inland to enjoy the fire!!

Keep thowing out your updated post-it note temperature map every hour or so if you can during the next few days during peak temp times (if you can).

Yeah, its night and day, on our walk when we were down at sasco beach the fog had rolled in almost to the sand, just a 100 yds away it was a different climate, lots of microclimates on the shore today, unless the wind can become true westerly.

Memorial Day weekend (I forgot which day it was), we went to Misquamicut beach, and the temperature dropped from mid 80's to mid 70's withinn a few 100 yards of the beach.

Archived