12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Heat Wave - June 20-23

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's fine for a pool or beach, but otherwise...sweat dripping down cracks is not fun. Days like yesterday and mornings like today are epic.

Why..so you can't drive with all the windows down in the car, have to shut the windows in the house, and suffer chills?

Should be able to have all windows open and not be cool in the summer. Thankfully next week and beyond that will all be a distant memory

Why..so you can't drive with all the windows down in the car, have to shut the windows in the house, and suffer chills?

Should be able to have all windows open and not be cool in the summer. Thankfully next week and beyond that will all be a distant memory

I had the windows down in the car and fan in the window. I absorb cold like a sponge. Man up.

Trough returns sometimes next weekend, although it will probably be cooler, but more moist.

Even if I'm uncomfortable I enjoy the heat. I like it best on weekends and I spend days outdoors. I've hiked up some robust peaks on the hottest days. I prefer the cooler wx to be during the week when I have to work indoors anyway. Of all the guys admonishing us about if you work outdoors, I thnk only mrg actually does..lol.

ALB playing up the heat potential for next week. Bring it!

WITH H850 TEMPS WED AND THU ABV 20C...HIGHS IN THE 90S ARE A GOOD

BET. WITH WESTERLY FLOW AT ALL LEVELS DOWNSLOPING/COMPRESSION MAY

RESULT IN HIGHER TEMPS.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 89.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 65.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 95.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 64.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 95.

ALB playing up the heat potential for next week. Bring it!

WITH H850 TEMPS WED AND THU ABV 20C...HIGHS IN THE 90S ARE A GOOD

BET. WITH WESTERLY FLOW AT ALL LEVELS DOWNSLOPING/COMPRESSION MAY

RESULT IN HIGHER TEMPS.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 89.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 65.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 95.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 64.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 95.

West Chesterfield FTL with big big heat and big big hair

That's not the forecast for W Chesterfield, at least not based on the latest NDFD release from BOX.

Forecast is for Albany. They seem to be suggesting upper 90's a possibility here. They are forecasting upper 80's for their W MA zones. My guess is W Chesterfield might flirt with 90 a day or two, but I'm sure they'll ultimately fall short. Still oppressive though, given their arctic climate.

It's fine for a pool or beach, but otherwise...sweat dripping down cracks is not fun. Days like yesterday and mornings like today are epic.

Eggsactly. I don't get the whole love for high heat, and humidity.

Sometimes I think that Kevin is just looking to be the contrarian here. Most people who say they love the heat and humidity are hiding inside air conditioned spaces all day so they're really watching everyone who's outside suffering while their actually experiencing a perfect 78F. So really, with the exception of that 2 minute walk from building to air conditioned car and 2 minute walk to air conditioned house they don't truly experience the nastiness of it all and would despise it if they had to for long periods of time.

lol. Right. Something tells me you button the windows right up with 95 and high humidity.

I think we were speculating if the heat as modeled would happen, given the tendencies for it to be muted as of late. I don't think we ruled it out or anything, as the teleconnections were in better support.

Still though, the 12z euro guidance did have some caution flags..lol. Sometimes the euro does this and loses it..only to go back at it again.

Ha, I actually miss-spoke in that... I meant to say we were speculating on heat, not "no" heat - that conveyed precisely the opposite. D'oh.

But yeah... It seems those original forsights are trying to come to fruition, the point was supposed to be.

Wow, the 00z GFS evolution is a straight up Sonoran heat release event. Originally trapped air in the SW gets drawn out by large scale sea-saw in the PNAP orientation, and out rolls the +24C to +30C 850mb death heat. It's over ORD at D4 and then passes as a 22 to 23C plume over us two days later. That’s triple digit heat no question, if that verifies. We are D4 from ORD, which should be in the wheel-house for some accuracy consideration, and I don't honestly see any reason why the synoptic translation there after needs to be incorrect. Sure it could correct some one way or the other, but the NAO rising while some trough enters 140W is pretty decent teleconnector here.

Ha, I actually miss-spoke in that... I meant to say we were speculating on heat, not "no" heat - that conveyed precisely the opposite. D'oh.

But yeah... It seems those original forsights are trying to come to fruition, the point was supposed to be.

Wow, the 00z GFS evolution is a straight up Sonoran heat release event. Originally trapped air in the SW gets drawn out by large scale sea-saw in the PNAP orientation, and out rolls the +24C to +30C 850mb death heat. It's over ORD at D4 and then passes as a 22 to 23C plume over us two days later. That’s triple digit heat no question, if that verifies. We are D4 from ORD, which should be in the wheel-house for some accuracy consideration, and I don't honestly see any reason why the synoptic translation there after needs to be incorrect. Sure it could correct some one way or the other, but the NAO rising while some trough enters 140W is pretty decent teleconnector here.

Yeah given how the way things look...you could almost envision like a 98/58 deal in BOS with a west wind..or even warmer..if that were to happen. I'm interested to see of the 12z runs get close with the front in NNE. Euro still was a little close with the BDF.

Even if I'm uncomfortable I enjoy the heat. I like it best on weekends and I spend days outdoors. I've hiked up some robust peaks on the hottest days. I prefer the cooler wx to be during the week when I have to work indoors anyway. Of all the guys admonishing us about if you work outdoors, I thnk only mrg actually does..lol.

I work indoors, but no AC and lots of warm bodies. This has been some of the best end-of-school-year wx I can remember.

I have worked in brutal, brutal conditions, wearing PPE that makes you sweat when it is 40F out...

Dressing up like this when it is 95F really is not fun.

hazardouswasteworkers1.jpg?width=300&height=300

I need it for my garden. My peppers are healthy, but their growth is stunted.

Yeah given how the way things look...you could almost envision like a 98/58 deal in BOS with a west wind..or even warmer..if that were to happen. I'm interested to see of the 12z runs get close with the front in NNE. Euro still was a little close with the BDF.

You know what ...hmm, if that ridge node does bump west like the 06z GFS, and we have 96/58 heat in place with higher DPs situated just west, ...haha. Yeah. BOOM

You know what ...hmm, if that ridge node does bump west like the 06z GFS, and we have 96/58 heat in place with higher DPs situated just west, ...haha. Yeah. BOOM

Yeah maybe. I don't know though..something is telling me that the front may try to hang near SNE and keep hottest wx to our southwest, but it is too early to say for sure. Maybe I'm wrong.

Man the 12z GFS oper. just won't give up on this -NAO ... It rebuilds a 570+DM block in the D. Straight region - that's a monkey wrencher if that verifies. Compare this 120 hour runs with 132 from 00z - not similar in the NAO domain at all!

Archived