joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Heat Wave - June 20-23

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like as I get older, I hate the heat more. Nothing is worse than having sweat drip down from your nape, nipples, and down to your nads.

yea no enjoyment in severe heat, 85 is great. Some like it hot, some like it cold, some like it in a pot nine days old. The majority of folks in this subforum really enjoy the 85/58 type weather only a few minority beg for their azz to drip, fungus to grow and the cities to smell like garbage dumps.

I've never seen so much obsession with air conditioners. If its hot throw it on if it's not leave it off. I ran ours two nights during that brutal May torch when dews were way into the 70s

I have window units, if I install them then I lose the windows breeze. I have not even thought about having one on this year yet, just a fan was enough.

There is more troughing in the NW Atlantic though compared to 00z...some of the members probably have a semblance of that op upper low around next Fri. Still too early to rule out some backdoor modification...

By Sunday we will know if this has legs or just another Euro fail. one constant however is anyone hoping for an extended heat wave lasting days and days is sh it outta luck.

didn't people in this forum play outside during the summer when they were kids? i don't get how 90 is so uncomfortable

It was uncomfortable then and it still is now. There's a reason I live in the mountains only 45 minutes from Canada and not in D.C. or Philly. The fewer 90F days a year the better.

But then again when I hear people moaning about -10 or -20F I have the same thoughts as you Forky...didn't people play outside in the snow when they were kids regardless of temperature? Should be used to that by now.

it actually looks a touch cooler and lower with upper air heights to me vs the 00z run but i've only got the 24 hour intervals to work with

I've got Wed and Thu cooler up into SE Canada with that backdoor threat well to our NE, but verbatim it look like a push from SNE on southward...Thu similar deal with some higher heights over us, and Fri looks definitely warmer to me. I'm comparing 18z frames though.

Half empty vs half full . Which glass do you choose?

I like the engineers' answer: The cup is twice as big as necessary.

Now we are talking. Exactly what we thought and what we wanted

What you mean "we", Kimosabe?

I'd prefer that the temp never gets above 75, dew never above 55, except for lots of 85-90 temps for the garden - but only when I'm not working there. ;)

We'll see if MBY reaches 85 next week. Usually does once or twice in June.

at least if it's HHH i will seek shelter at the Gparents pool......it's been running 75 or so for a while in wakefield,ma (with cover on at-nite) but after 10 years in FL .....unless it's 90+ outside i need 80-82 degree pool water to entice me.

OT on the other hand one day in Early August near sarasota....it was 95/75 with water temps around 90 at the beach and i had the energy of a slug so there is a upper limit to the enjoyment of warm beach temps...........few years ago in E SFL ....it was near or above 100/75 for couple days (at the beach) no winds and the only reason i wanted to go in the water was to die. lol

Archived