Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Heat Wave - June 20-23

CoastalWx

Just use Wordpress

Is wordpress better than blogspot?

I know you use wordpress. Do you use the free version or do you have the package where you pay monthly?

I setup a wordpress account but I think I was confused with how to set everything up.

How did you set it up so you have those drop down links up top and then get to different pages?

I've always wanted to do something where I can have different links to get to all types of data across the Northeast (severe wx, snow, records, etc...just about everything you can think of...even global indices).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those dews are grossly overdone...probably by as much as 10F to even 15F.

That's like a +27C sfc dewpoint on that sounding at the sfc.

Yea, anything over the upper 60's is very rare for the Northeast.

I think that dews in the 70's and 80's are much more typical in places like Florida than Hartford, CT.

Yea, anything over the upper 60's is very rare for the Northeast.

I think that dews in the 70's and 80's are much more typical in places like Florida than Hartford, CT.

Well low 70's aren't really that uncommon...we probably get several days throughout the course of the summer where we get dews into the lower 70's. In fact, there are instances where some of the highest dewpoint readings in the northeast are right across parts of southern New England. When we get setups where we get dewpoint pooling extra moisture from the Atlantic/Long Island Sound can really help to locally enhance dewpoints...in these type of cases dews here can get to about 73-74F...even 75F to 76F in the more extreme cases.

The GFS though has been having horrific issues with overestimating dewpoints, especially across the Plains and such.

Archived