12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Heat Wave - June 20-23

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM tries to show a possible sea breeze issue right near the coast on Thursday...wonder if BOS loses a few degrees because of that.

Looks like HVN may avoid a sea breeze through the entire event if the NAM is right. That would be some big time heat.

That could be a Logan thing where the city bakes.

Yeah one of those 6pm high temps at Logan...they go to 90F at 11-noon then fall back to 77...then spike up to 93-94 for an hour two at the end of the day. But it might hold the boundary far enough east too...hard to say.

What source can you use (instead of waiting for bufkit) to check what exact numbers are being forecasted for temps at different levels...like 925/850 etc?

Earl Barker has a lot of text extraction data. You can get some off of that TAMU link too...just load the grid interpolation for whatever model you want.

The NAM looks like a perfect down slopping day for BDL on Thursday. If forecasted 850's were probably the same as they are for tomorrow I wonder if the possibility of BDL tying their all-time record high (103F) would be possible?

EDIT:

I was looking at Friday not Thursday.

Forecasted 850's for Thursday are right around 20C, however, the warmest 850's might not come in until after peak heating.

HFD did 100 that day.

I wonder what kind of a weird setup that was to get the airport so hot...usually a 100F at BDL or HFD is like a 93-94F at ORH.

What did BDL get to last summer on that ridiculously hot day? ORH hit 96F...didn't BDL do a 102 or 103?

I wonder what kind of a weird setup that was to get the airport so hot...usually a 100F at BDL or HFD is like a 93-94F at ORH.

What did BDL get to last summer on that ridiculously hot day? ORH hit 96F...didn't BDL do a 102 or 103?

Core of heat northeast of HFD? Late day sea breeze? HFD doesn't downslope as well as BDL so that could be a degree or so there.

Just did a blog post on heat/storm potential!

Only my 2nd blog post...trying to get something going and add other features as well. I actually want to make a website soon but just have to wait a few paychecks so I can pay to start it up.

http://weatherwiz.blogspot.com/2012/06/first-heat-wave-of-2012-imminent.html

Bookmarked it.

Thank You!

If you ever have any comments/suggestions or anything I should add please let me know, especially when I get around to making a website. I used to have something on geocities but then they shut it down and I've looked around for free web builders but they all suck and are confusing.

I'm just going to use yahoo web hosting and pay $15 a month but I guess it's the same format as geocities which is awesome b/c it was SO easy to use.

Thank You!

If you ever have any comments/suggestions or anything I should add please let me know, especially when I get around to making a website. I used to have something on geocities but then they shut it down and I've looked around for free web builders but they all suck and are confusing.

I'm just going to use yahoo web hosting and pay $15 a month but I guess it's the same format as geocities which is awesome b/c it was SO easy to use.

Just use Wordpress

Archived