12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Heat Wave - June 20-23

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the engineers' answer: The cup is twice as big as necessary.

Now we are talking. Exactly what we thought and what we wanted

What you mean "we", Kimosabe?

I'd prefer that the temp never gets above 75, dew never above 55, except for lots of 85-90 temps for the garden - but only when I'm not working there. ;)

We'll see if MBY reaches 85 next week. Usually does once or twice in June.

Vote in the poll

at least if it's HHH i will seek shelter at the Gparents pool......it's been running 75 or so for a while in wakefield,ma (with cover on at-nite) but after 10 years in FL .....unless it's 90+ outside i need 80-82 degree pool water to entice me.

It's interesting to follow how the atmosphere engineers these warm departure events in summer ....eh, I don't think the collective voice really "wants" a heat wave.

It's kind of a pain in the ass. You can't run out side. You can't pretty much do anything outside. It's bad for energy consumption due to cooling degree draw on the grid. It's expensive for individual dwellers that have use up power to make their house even tolerable.

It's kind of hypocritical to say it's interesting to see the Meteorology of the thing, but then spurn its arrival, true. But saying one wants it to be 100/72 - good luck.

It's interesting to follow how the atmosphere engineers these warm departure events in summer ....eh, I don't think the collective voice really "wants" a heat wave.

It's kind of a pain in the ass. You can't run out side. You can't pretty much do anything outside. It's bad for energy consumption due to cooling degree draw on the grid. It's expensive for individual dwellers that have use up power to make their house even tolerable.

It's kind of hypocritical to say it's interesting to see the Meteorology of the thing, but then spurn its arrival, true. But saying one wants it to be 100/72 - good luck.

Vote

not to go to OT..edit Late june in 2009 (i think) Southern palm beach county at the water....was 100/75 or so and NO wind....i was hallucinating sitting on the beach....and i didn't dare move because i thought i may sweat to death. then to add weirdness to the situation...there was a large fin sticking up ....about 100-150 feet off shore (at least i thought i saw one) never saw that before in ALL my time going to the beach there (150 days a year...lived on beach) it was still for 10-15 minutes not sure what type of large fish it was but i surmized it prolly just had heat stroke lol. it was without question the most horride airmass i have ever been in. Not sure what 100/75 (maybe 77/78) airmass is with heat index ....but when there is no wind...i don' believe kev would really enjoy dayz and days of it this year or any other. I mean sure for the death and destruction of it perhaps...but as for living in it and having to deal with it i dunnoo.....what would kev do about his runs.

Quebec definitely looks cooler compared to 00z so there's probably still a good chance the excessive heat fails. Maybe it ends up just a couple of days of 90-95 for the torch spots and 82 through MRG's 'locks.

I see that as well. The difference at H5 was lower heights across Quebec but I didn't really see a big change in the NAO region as far as + heights go.

Quebec definitely looks cooler compared to 00z so there's probably still a good chance the excessive heat fails. Maybe it ends up just a couple of days of 90-95 for the torch spots and 82 through MRG's 'locks.

Blizz touting big heat wave only because BDL grazed 90F a few times while his own backyard never got above 85F?

Re the AMO as discussed earlier; the actual status of the oceanic domain appears to be rather tripolar in the SST anomalies. That is the +AMO phase of the oceanic teleconnector, or warm phase.

The winter NAO tends to be negative during warm AMO phases. Don't know about summers though.

i've noticed the euro to be too aggressive with +20 h85 temps at that timeframe as well as big coastal bombs like tip mentioned.

so it's probably too amplified in both directions

Yeah...although 7/22 of last year seemed to get hotter right up through verification time which was an exception.

Archived