joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Heat Wave - June 20-23

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My interpretation of the 00z, D7 Euro, it suggests record heat is plausible for a lot of people. At least aloft. What does the raw output have for the 2-meter T? My guess is LESS than what this synopsis below supports - that would be typical; anytime you have a burgeoning ridge that exceeds 594dm, with +20 to +22C, 850mb air mass coming in on a westerly deep layer flow that is blowing out of said ridge node… yeah, you’re going to cook! Severely. It's possible the Euro is too extreme, duh ...

90-100F

2 days, does not a heat wave require 3 90 plus?

Notice the quotations around wave..I prefer to use wave when describing an airmass moving through, and wasn't implying 3 days of 90.

it's funny too cause it seems coastalwx had the same idea when he created the thread title..describing it as a heat "wave"

They looked to me like they were above normal thru the end of the run

Yeah but you need to be careful. Just because they show warm 850s, doesn't equate to a torch. If I see that combined with a trough over the northeast..it could mean anything from warm humid srly flow, to temps near 70 with se winds and rain..or worse.

Not for nothing, but the euro was close to being a temp buster near BOS during this warm spell coming up. Something to watch. At worst...maybe it's one of those feeble seabreeze deals at the beaches.

that 12z gfs run, despite being warmer than its previous run, actually made me more concerned for onshore flow issues if it keeps trending the way its trending with the weaker trough swinging east late enxt week

that 12z gfs run, despite being warmer than its previous run, actually made me more concerned for onshore flow issues if it keeps trending the way its trending with the weaker trough swinging east late enxt week

That always seems to be the worry. Euro was close to that. Needs to be watched.

that is some true summer heat over the Ohio Valley and into the MA...but this run is a scooter special over the northeast...doesn't really get Kevin's fantasy heat into SNE with that trough positioned as such...

euro is 100F+ at DC...but much cooler over SNE on Thursday

that's only through next thursday though...heat would look to make a move NE late next week verbatim on this run.

of course, if you lose that slight BDCF look to wed/thur...this run is an all out inferno for the second half of next week

that's only through next thursday though...heat would look to make a move NE late next week verbatim on this run.

of course, if you lose that slight BDCF look to wed/thur...this run is an all out inferno for the second half of next week

Our feeling is that backdoor is a fallacy..Maybe BDL tickles 95 Thursday while Bos is 80..that is feasible

Archived