joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Heat Wave - June 20-23

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Euro is a major heat fail. Actually below normal at the end of next week lol

0Z runs are torches every night then 12Z mutes, been a pattern, this looks like a 2 day hot days then a CF then back to troughy pattern (same old pattern I guess) Monster Rocky Mt ridge well up into Canada end of period

It's not really a classic pattern. I'd like to see the surface high much farther south to allow for a solid SW/W pgrad around here. Seems like we struggle through Tuesday to establish a SW flow and then the Euro noses down a high from Ontario/Quebec to spoil the actual warm up.

At least for SNE I think we could see a day or 2 above 90 but nothing overly oppressive or impressive.

It's not really a classic pattern. I'd like to see the surface high much farther south to allow for a solid SW/W pgrad around here. Seems like we struggle through Tuesday to establish a SW flow and then the Euro noses down a high from Ontario/Quebec to spoil the actual warm up.

At least for SNE I think we could see a day or 2 above 90 but nothing overly oppressive or impressive.

It looked better on the earlier runs, but the 00z euro op hinted at a backdoor potential too.

Yeah I still think we warm up quite a bit but there are certain signs that this won't be the amazing torch we've all been waiting for.

Im perfectly fine with 80s since I'm on break. Don't need 95. It will be funny if this goes souh because I figured at least 2 warm days.

12z Euro backed way off synoptically… It has a tendency for more –NAO lingering than the 00z run had, and that causes repeating backdoor like air mass that shunts the heat S.

Probably won’t happen that way, because Scott wants it to - but it is intriguing to see the model play with his head like this.... hhahahah

yeah it would be a warm to borderline hot spell but no where near the full potential that air mass has.

Yeah part of the reason is that we're slow to get the warmth in here. Max we're talking 4 days of potential and chances are we spoil 1 or 2 of them due to aforementioned issues. Sort of a blah looking warmup. Still could see a mid 90s day in there but meh.

In all seriousness though I wouldn't take this nuanced shunt solution too seriously - it's one run for D6+ time frame for obvious, but also, I have noted in the past a Euro bias of drilling heights too deeply into the Maritimes/NE U.S. If that were happening here it would account (erroneously) for what it is doing here.

Time and model support ...blah blah.

In all seriousness though I wouldn't take this nuanced shunt solution too seriously - it's one run for D6+ time frame for obvious, but also, I have noted in the past a Euro bias of drilling heights too deeply into the Maritimes/NE U.S. If that were happening here it would account (erroneously) for what it is doing here.

Time and model support ...blah blah.

Ssshh. Some weenies have locked up no heat

Lol...yes let's all hope we burn to death.

Do you really enjoy a month of getting in your car with an interior of 115F and your seat belt giving you 3rd degree burns?

didn't people in this forum play outside during the summer when they were kids? i don't get how 90 is so uncomfortable

Archived