Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
June 2012 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still hanging on to a negative temp departure this month. Will probably be gone by this time next week.

Same here. -0.7°.

-5° overall today. 76°/49°. I can't remember the last June when the dewpoints were this consistently low! Only cracked 60° one day this month. Not complaining, ftw.

The drier it gets the worst my allergies are, ever since mid May they have been terrible. My allergist even siad this is the worst they have seen in awhile.

Exactly why we need to cash in this weekend on the rain/t'storm chances. My allergies hadn't been bad until this week, but this week it's been at almost August/September levels, which is normally when they kick in.

My bad. Thought the somewhat interesting local look was just that...interesting. At least I tried to add some meaningful context, unlike the poor souls who come here to troll 24/7. Point taken...moving along.

It's naso much that you weren't adding meaningful stuff...it's just depressing that we're talking about one of the worst summers ever after one of the worst winters ever. I wasn't really bitching about anyones posting...things are just grim.

sorry if i came off as being a dick and frankly even if someone was over the top trolling right now, it's not like there's anything worthwhile going on anyways

It's naso much that you weren't adding meaningful stuff...it's just depressing that we're talking about one of the worst summers ever after one of the worst winters ever. I wasn't really bitching about anyones posting...things are just grim.

sorry if i came off as being a dick and frankly even if someone was over the top trolling right now, it's not like there's anything worthwhile going on anyways

It's cool, we're on the same page. I felt the same about the rooting for snow futility this past winter. But I guess we suffer until it gets better. It has to get better.

The troll comment was a bad effort by me trying to be subtle. My disdain for some here can't be hidden all the time. But if you can't beat 'em, disappear. And on that note...

It's cool, we're on the same page. I felt the same about the rooting for snow futility this past winter. But I guess we suffer until it gets better. It has to get better.

The troll comment was a bad effort by me trying to be subtle. My disdain for some here can't be hidden all the time. But if you can't beat 'em, disappear. And on that note...

:(

Detroit had an intra-hour 80*F for th high today, ovachieving a couple degrees.

The average for this month is at 0.6*F. That should head upward after today.

The past twelve months are also the warmest 12-month period on record for Detroit, and 2012 to date is also the warmest year on record.

Regardless of how you feel about this warmth, you have to be impressed by all of the records we've been shattering, not just this year, but the last few years, left and right.

But eveyrthing must come to an end and even out (equilibrium, law of averages, karma, whatever), which gives hope to all of the eskimos out there. It was just like how we went through several relatively and consecutive cool Springs/Summrs from 2006 to 2009.

Detroit had an intra-hour 80*F for th high today, ovachieving a couple degrees.

The average for this month is at 0.6*F. That should head upward after today.

The past twelve months are also the warmest 12-month period on record for Detroit, and 2012 to date is also the warmest year on record.

Regardless of how you feel about this warmth, you have to be impressed by all of the records we've been shattering, not just this year, but the last few years, left and right.

But eveyrthing must come to an end and even out (equilibrium, law of averages, karma, whatever), which gives hope to all of the eskimos out there. It was just like how we went through several relatively and consecutive cool Springs/Summrs from 2006 to 2009.

Honestly, an overachieving high at DTW never surprises me lol. But for a rare change, the bigger "bust" was how chilly it got last night. This all led to the diurnal range being much greater than forecast today. The forecast low/high at DTW was 54/77, and the official low/high was 50/80. At White Lake the forecast low/high was 50/77, and the actual low/high was 42/77.

As for cold records, sure they will come eventually. Obviously below normal temperature months are certain, and Im sure some record lows will be set from time to time. However, between the apparent downsloping at DTW and the UHI, theres no doubt in my mind record highs will always outnumber record lows. For instance, weve broken or tied 9 daily record highs already this year (6 in Mar, 3 in May). While several of them were naturally smashed in March, several others were tied or broken by 1F (when DTW was one of the highest temps in the area). On the flip side, I can remember many times during cold snaps in the last few years when DTW will miss the record low by 1, 2, or 3F. Not counting record low max temps, the last official record low min at DTW was -15F on Jan 16, 2009. Actually until this year, record lows OR highs were not being set much at all (2011 had 1 record high, 0 record lows...2010 had 1 record high, 0 record lows), the spotlight the last few years has soley been on excessive snowfall and precipitation. Yes I like cold, but give me record snow and im happy regardless of the temperatures.

I have ragweed allergies worse then anyone i know... I don't take anything...just try to stay inside in the AC or wait for a rainy day to venture out. Its only about 2 to 3 weeks of misery. I was out in Omaha, NE for a few days during prime season and it almost killed me. My eyes burned, sneezing constantly, etc... I swear my sister lived in a ragweed patch. Just remember that people with certain allergies can have lower rates of certain types of cancer...

Anyone know whats up with those odd radar returns on the DTX radar SE of Lake St. Clair?

Fish flies

Not joking either!!! Its disgusting. Ive asked about this before and this seems to always happen this time of year in mid June.

A few years back the fish flies were so bad that the police had to shut down a stretch of Jefferson Ave. The Rd was heavily coated and turned into a sheet of glass. When crushed the little ****s are like an oil slick!

post-5593-0-20100900-1339727053_thumb.gi

I only had allergies (ragweed) for a 3-4 year stretch about when I was around 20 years old. Oddly it went away and I don't have any at all anymore. Kind of weird, but it's almost like my body built up a resistance to it or something.

That's actually pretty normal for allergies

Fish flies

Not joking either!!! Its disgusting. Ive asked about this before and this seems to always happen this time of year in mid June.

A few years back the fish flies were so bad that the police had to shut down a stretch of Jefferson Ave. The Rd was heavily coated and turned into a sheet of glass. When crushed the little ****s are like an oil slick!

Ah that's right I remember dtx mentioning this kinda thing before

Archived