amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
May weather discussion

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any signs of when this wx will end down the road?

They'll probably be some sun on Sunday and Monday, but I don't see an overall regime change over the next 2 weeks to be honest. Unless the final 10 days are very mild, May could be in jeopardy of coming in near normal or a tiny bit below?

Kind of interesting tomorrow aftn for SW CT and Hudson Valley areas. That low will be diving SSE towards the NYC area. Could be an interesting cluster of tstms right along the path of the low. Shear is decent.

the warm front getting NE of here early enough would help too...thoughts on that?

Kind of interesting tomorrow aftn for SW CT and Hudson Valley areas. That low will be diving SSE towards the NYC area. Could be an interesting cluster of tstms right along the path of the low. Shear is decent.

Decent EML is present on the DTW sounding this morning, looks like that gets into WNY this afternoon.

the warm front getting NE of here early enough would help too...thoughts on that?

I think the front doesn't really get past you in the sense that you'll have more s-sse winds. But, some of that stuff might not all be surface based. I could see decent storms near you tomorrow, but obviously you'd want to be clearly in the warm sector for that.

I think the front doesn't really get past you in the sense that you'll have more s-sse winds. But, some of that stuff might not all be surface based. I could see decent storms near you tomorrow, but obviously you'd want to be clearly in the warm sector for that.

It looks like CT will be just east of the warm sector, but that can all change next model run. It looks like the GFS has you set up better than the NAM.

Classic NE hate spring hate weather... could not have been scripted better to cause misery that challenges the endurance of man.

Probably going to be warmer in CAR, Me than BOS, Ma today. -NAO wall is banking this murk up against an otherwise WNW continental flow. Western PA basks in warm and utopia while we eat vomit in a narrow locked-in region where continental air mass has locked horns with the -NAO.

It's a curse that is endemic to NE like no other place on Earth. Ceaselessly

it's times like these i have this crazy fantasy about a bank of fans 5 miles tall by 1,000 miles wide, blowing on high at the -NAO domain to see if it can be blown away... Yuck.

I still say April is the worse month of the year, despite the fact that this concept is going out of its way to be challenged by doing it upside down this year...

Tuesday's 41F high was made bearable by our getting almost 0.4" rain. Since then it's been the archtypical May drizzlefest, just enough to keep the trees dripping and 0.03" total for the past 48 hr. Local river back down to 25th percentile flow and dropping.

06 gfs cut precip here to half of earlier runs, and GYX has the wetter Euro being wet south and west of MBY. They also had my area forecast for upper 50s today; still hanging in the mid 40s (though this time of year, only a couple bright hr can run the temp up a long way.)

This kind of wx isn't great now, but the pattern will be wonderful for us in GC etc. from middle/late May through the Summer. At that point troughs are our friend as it keeps the nasty heat and humidity away.

I know there are some masochists in here that enjoy 95/75 stuff, but not me. LOL

Yep. I love when May stays cool and rainy. Each day that passes without uncomfortable heat brings us that much closer to the first snows of a new season.

Hopefully, like a few years ago, we will have seen the warmest temps of the year already. How awesome would it be if we had a cool and rainy summer? One can only hope.

I'm stricken by pretty bad hay fever today and not venturing out there so can't give an obs. But we had a really pounding torrential shower here last night as that stuff dropped southeast. Then a second one a bit later. It almost seemed like an MCS the way it dropped southeast.

Tuesday's 41F high was made bearable by our getting almost 0.4" rain. Since then it's been the archtypical May drizzlefest, just enough to keep the trees dripping and 0.03" total for the past 48 hr. Local river back down to 25th percentile flow and dropping.

06 gfs cut precip here to half of earlier runs, and GYX has the wetter Euro being wet south and west of MBY. They also had my area forecast for upper 50s today; still hanging in the mid 40s (though this time of year, only a couple bright hr can run the temp up a long way.)

Looks like the GFS finally stopped snorting or Ran out of its supply. BOS down to 59 while Chicopee falls is still 72 for tomorrow.

FWIW BOS is 57 on the NAM.

If places like BDL can get some sun..I could see 70 or low 70s, but I just don't know. That may be too hopeful.

If places like BDL can get some sun..I could see 70 or low 70s, but I just don't know. That may be too hopeful.

Yeah I agree. I mean it's pretty warm aloft but with the WF nearby, you have to be wary of clouds/precip. Looks like a generally easterly flow so yeah places in the valley would downslope somewhat.

I think if I needed to put out a forecast I'd probably say like 68 or something at BDL

NAM blows the warm front through tomorrow. Big change from previous NAM runs.

Just like it has it through DC now while they are still stuck in the 60s with a se wind. I just don't buy that right now, but I could be wrong. Even if it does move close to BDL..it may be a bootleg warm sector with S-SSE winds and clouds.

Archived