Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
May weather discussion

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's with the 12z gfs for Thursday's event? First it slides by to the east, giving some RA to eastern NE, and by Friday 06z it's just west of Moncton, NB. So far, seems logical. Over the next 24 hr, it backs SW all the way to Cape Cod, bringing another inch+ to central/eastern Maine. Then it stalls and fills, slowly enough to ruin Saturday up here. I hope the other models are more sensible.

When does that fall?

Also how does Saturday look?

for your area...mainly later tomorrow night/wed morning then some again wed night.

saturday the euro still has the cold pool over the area but in terms of POPs the euro doesn't offer much...just some really light QPF in a small area of C MA / CT sat midday/afternoon.

think there could be a few isolated / scattered showers over the area but both the euro and ggem now have the ULL basically to our east by 12z SAT so it'll be tougher to generate anything in that set-up.

the GFS parks it more overhead so it's easier to pop some showers - which it does.

given how the trend has been to be a bit more progressive with everything with time, i'd think right now that saturday is an OK day.

LOL at the euro retro storm.

I still think the models are sort of "wet" looking or at the very least..offer precip chances over the next two weeks. Maybe another rain maker next week too.

yeah that system at the end of the euro run would just be a nice widespread soaker. no stupid frontal zone stalling out there...just a good expansive rain shield on that kind of storm.

for your area...mainly later tomorrow night/wed morning then some again wed night.

saturday the euro still has the cold pool over the area but in terms of POPs the euro doesn't offer much...just some really light QPF in a small area of C MA / CT sat midday/afternoon.

think there could be a few isolated / scattered showers over the area but both the euro and ggem now have the ULL basically to our east by 12z SAT so it'll be tougher to generate anything in that set-up.

the GFS parks it more overhead so it's easier to pop some showers - which it does.

given how the trend has been to be a bit more progressive with everything with time, i'd think right now that saturday is an OK day.

This is kind of what i was afraid of..I know the last system gave us all good rain, but I had a feeling this might happen. it seems like in drier patterns modelled qpf always peters out as we get closer. i mean 1/2 an inch of rain this time of year really doesn't do much except green grass up..I thought this might happen last week and it didn't..but i just hope this isn't a precursor for the summer..though I'm afraid it might be

This is kind of what i was afraid of..I know the last system gave us all good rain, but I had a feeling this might happen. it seems like in drier patterns modelled qpf always peters out as we get closer. i mean 1/2 an inch of rain this time of year really doesn't do much except green grass up..I thought this might happen last week and it didn't..but i just hope this isn't a precursor for the summer..though I'm afraid it might be

QPF didn't dry up, heaviest is over the Cape.

I think heaviest rain is probably offshore unless the trough sharpens up a bit, but a decent drink for most.

Looks like BOS-ORH-BDL doesn't get that much at all now. All mostly offshore. However, another low looks a little more ominous next week, as we discussed earlier.

Archived