gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
May weather discussion

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to a tropical, humid day tomorrow with PM storms..Won't be shocked if there's some small hailers around

humid and tropical? hardly. looks like dews in the mid to upper 50s

correction: looked at some of the wrong stations, could see lower 60s across much of CT. DOH.

Also, while the pattern may warm up more towards the end of the month, I see no big heat in site at all right now.

Eh there's a lot of room for growth there, though...

The 90-day mean torque anomalies have remained negative, and with an ~ -.3 correlation coefficient with the AO, a positive (contraction north of the westerlies and +subtropic ridge) AO is thus a reasonable fit; seeing that the current AO teleconnection is fairly tightly clustered to over +1 SD suggests that the ambient geopotential medium should be on the rise through that period.

We more than less see at least that much taking place in these runs. The NAO counterpart completely reverses into positive domain status by just 7 days from now.

It seems - to me - that over the last decade, if we get the medium into any kind of a state conducive to milder appeals, what actually ends up in the books is that warmth over performs. It's a bit of an intangible, admittedly, therefore not overwhelmingly scientific, but that undeniable reality sees a 580dm height with 13C at 850mb, with a continental wind as being pretty damn warm; and that should be around few times between the 15th and 30th of the month.

Now, if a more exacting ridge results in there? more...

Eh there's a lot of room for growth there, though...

The 90-day mean torque anomalies have remained negative, and with an ~ -.3 correlation coefficient with the AO, a positive (contraction north of the westerlies and +subtropic ridge) AO is thus a reasonable fit; seeing that the current AO teleconnection is fairly tightly clustered to over +1 SD suggests that the ambient geopotential medium should be on the rise through that period.

We more than less see at least that much taking place in these runs. The NAO counterpart completely reverses into positive domain status by just 7 days from now.

It seems - to me - that over the last decade, if we get the medium into any kind of a state conducive to milder appeals, what actually ends up in the books is that warmth over performs. It's a bit of an intangible, admittedly, therefore not overwhelmingly scientific, but that undeniable reality sees a 580dm height with 13C at 850mb, with a continental wind as being pretty damn warm; and that should be around few times between the 15th and 30th of the month.

Now, if a more exacting ridge results in there? more...

Well what I mean is that while we will see warm wx at times...likely accompanied by higher TDs...I don't see a pattern that drives a heat dome into the East. I see a persistant weak troughing signal in the east through the period. Now what I could see, is periods with higher humidity, but possibly accompanied by rain like tomorrow. It probably will end up warmer than normal me thinks.

Well what I mean is that while we will see warm wx at times...likely accompanied by higher TDs...I don't see a pattern that drives a heat dome into the East. I see a persistant weak troughing signal in the east through the period. Now what I could see, is periods with higher humidity, but possibly accompanied by rain like tomorrow. It probably will end up warmer than normal me thinks.

Ryan's high dew fetish FTW

Just finished my third of 5 exams..ugh. Just looked over the GFS and it seems like the low that wants to spin up basically does so over that frontal boundary SE of New England. Just seems a little fishy when the low tries to develop above 40N and it expands that much precip that far west to the NY border.

The trough is for sure sharper this run, but I mean it'd need to be a little sharper for western NE to have to worry I think. Maybe from Ginx on eastward would get signifcant rain from the GFS...it actually looks kind of convective is you loop it on EWALL.

How much different does the EURO look from the GFS?

How far west though? I mean does it make much diff for areas west of ORH into NYC and Jersey?

Total QPF for you is around 0.8" or so from now through Thursday aftn. That's vs 00z which was maybe 0.45" or so. But, I could see some wiggle room here or there so don't take it verbatim...but it did moisten you up a bit.

Archived