• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May observations and discussions...

ag3

The 12z NAM has a big line of thunderstorms over Eastern PA Friday evening (00z Saturday). If the warm sector gets farther north like the 00 and 06z NAM indicated, this line of storms could progress through New Jersey and maybe even towards NYC...although it seems that the models have a marine layer pretty close to the city.

rad60.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12z NAM has a big line of thunderstorms over Eastern PA Friday evening (00z Saturday). If the warm sector gets farther north like the 00 and 06z NAM indicated, this line of storms could progress through New Jersey and maybe even towards NYC...although it seems that the models have a marine layer pretty close to the city.

shear is pitiful

One of the biggest busts I've seen in a while around here. Forecasts were for mid 60s, lowered to 60 this morning and right now we're sitting at 52, our current low for the day. Temps could still rebound later this afternoon but this is pretty far off from Mostly cloudy, 60s and 30% chance of showers

tell me about, tough to get work in and know that its going to be raining all day, , showed up for work today expecting the predicted passing shower to be just that instead it never stopped, well we did one lawn and then packed it in and started up again around 1 when it was just a bit of a drizzle until it finally ended. I am hoping for another bust tomorrow morning though and we do not get any showers

haha, read my above, thank god the grass has been short so no real mess this afternoon. I bet you wish you worked yesterday. Grass has enough water, we can go back to a week without rain

+1....... hard for me to justify paying guys to sit around and wait...i cut 35 lawns....usually start on Thursday....as residential like it to look nice for weekend....but as i said, im not similar to u with amount of lawns

Guest Pamela

High temperature was 14 degrees below normal today in the Park (53 vs 67)...CPC going with probability of cooler than normal in area in their mid range outlook (through around 16 May)...rubberband has to snap eventually...

What a down right ugly and gloom day. We were a bit spoiled the last few months, making days like today more painful for most. Lets see how long the gloom lasts and clouds get in the way of the warmth. Hoping we can salvage the weekend. Guidance continues to show more clouds/rain chances ealry next week through middle of next week. Suspect as others have indicated we're wet and near to below normal through next week. Perhaps the ridging and associated warmth/drier pattern returns on/around May 14th or so.

storms moving southeast from nw PA should bring some more rain in the wee small hours tonight....

2xradarb5_anim.gif

Decent thunder and lightning. First significant thunderstorm since moving to Brooklyn in 2012. Now expecting some heavy rains to come on in.

Update: Very heavy rains falling with some occasional loud thunder and quite a bit lightning as well.

High temperature was 14 degrees below normal today in the Park (53 vs 67)...CPC going with probability of cooler than normal in area in their mid range outlook (through around 16 May)...rubberband has to snap eventually...

When we get 14 months in a row of below normal temps with several of those months and seasons being in the top 10/5 coldest then I'd agree. Otherwise it's probably a temporary blip in the long term trend.

the local climate data has 67/50 for yesterdays normal temperature range...It has a temperature range yesterday of 53/50...-14 max and even on the min...But they have a -6 mean for the day...something doesn't add up...

the local climate data has 67/50 for yesterdays normal temperature range...It has a temperature range yesterday of 53/50...-14 max and even on the min...But they have a -6 mean for the day...something doesn't add up...

They do a simple add the high temp plus the low temp and divide it by 2.

So Yesterday, NYC was 51.5 degrees (rounded up to 52). The Average for yesterday is 57.5 (rounded up to 58).

So we get a -6 departure.

Wife and I woke up to a sonic boom from a close strike overnight.

Thankfully the little guy did not as he would have been scared and not go back to sleep :)

Great to finally see some Thunderstorm action!!!!

A couple nights ago we were provided with some rumbles as well. I love love love big boomers. Not so much the wind, though. I'm a big tree man, hate to see more damage after the destruction of the last few years.

They do a simple add the high temp plus the low temp and divide it by 2.

So Yesterday, NYC was 51.5 degrees (rounded up to 52). The Average for yesterday is 57.5 (rounded up to 58).

So we get a -6 departure.

it still was seven degrees below normal...(average)...

Archived