• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April outlook - will the warmth continue?

Isotherm

Anything above 80 in April makes me want to vomit. Anything over 70 with high dewpoints also makes me sick. The last few days have been stellar.

Agreed. I for one am hoping warm fronts get caught up to our south.

12z GFS brings the front through Monday, warmest day on Sunday

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think saying that the pattern is conducive to 80s/90s means that we actually want 80s and 90s. And I agree I won't 60s and 70s this time of year until at least memorial day.

Why is everyone in such a hurry to see summer time temps so early. If you all love the warmth so much, then move to Florida or Arizona/South California or something. I'm perfectly fine with 60/70s in April and May, were going to see 90s for days on end from June-August or even into September.

Why is everyone in such a hurry to see summer time temps so early. If you all love the warmth so much, then move to Florida or Arizona/South California or something. I'm perfectly fine with 60/70s in April and May, were going to see 90s for days on end from June-August or even into September.

I wish I could right now, definitely in the future though.

I love heat but I can wait if having April heat means we'd end up with a summer like 2009. I'm paranoid about that, I don't want a repeat.

Guest Pamela

Why is everyone in such a hurry to see summer time temps so early.

At one time this forum was frequented by people who enjoyed cold weather and detested the heat; something has radically changed and now the reverse appears to be true, much to my chagrin.

I think most enjoy both but have given up on the cold now that winter and any chance of snow is long gone. Personally I don't care for extreme cold or heat though I can tolerate the cold better.

At one time this forum was frequented by people who enjoyed cold weather and detested the heat; something has radically changed and now the reverse appears to be true, much to my chagrin.

I vastly prefer cold and snow. However, I try to be as objective as possible when it comes to forecasting. Having to reach conclusions that more warmth lay ahead time and again has been tiresome, to say the least.

Agree completely. Alot of people here like snow but seem to have little interest in other types of exciting weather. Alot of "I like this warm and dry weather every day" posts.

I think most enjoy both but have given up on the cold now that winter and any chance of snow is long gone. Personally I don't care for extreme cold or heat though I can tolerate the cold better.

The snow and cold people are still more numerous, but it does seem closer. As long as the warm people don't root against snow, I'm not annoyed.

I vastly prefer cold and snow. However, I try to be as objective as possible when it comes to forecasting. Having to reach conclusions that more warmth lay ahead time and again has been tiresome, to say the least.

Hopefully we can change that around soon. Some of the longer term forecast models have us cooler than normal from May through next autumn. Should be interesting to see when we finally get a below normal temp month. April certainly doesn't look like it. I don't believe May will either.

People are all for snow and cold in winter...but come spring we want to enjoy the outdoors...only hermits and curmudgeons enjoy cold weather in the summer.

People can enjoy the outdoors with 55-65F temps at this time of year; no need for 80s just yet.

If you like snow and love warm weather then it's perfectly fine. However if you love warm weather to the point where you want 80s and 90s during the Spring months, then that's an issue.

Yeah man, it's like enjoying a snowstorm in October. What kind of freak would ever hope for or enjoy something like that. They should probably get help.

People can enjoy the outdoors with 55-65F temps at this time of year; no need for 80s just yet.

you still have to wear a jacket or sweatshirt when its only around 60...add in the wind like the last week and its not all that great to be out...still cool to really kick back and enjoy the weather, wind just sucks the life out of you.

you still have to wear a jacket or sweatshirt when its only around 60...add in the wind like the last week and its not all that great to be out...still cool to really kick back and enjoy the weather, wind just sucks the life out of you.

I agree.....the wind has been blowing for the last 2 weeks.....just grateful its been in 60's and not 50's

Yeah man, it's like enjoying a snowstorm in October. What kind of freak would ever hope for or enjoy something like that. They should probably get help.

I think alot of posters are embracing the warmth this year more then usual because of the lack luster winter.....everyone knew it was over in january....so we all just want nice weather

I think alot of posters are embracing the warmth this year more then usual because of the lack luster winter.....everyone knew it was over in january....so we all just want nice weather

Nice weather and 60s/70s are fine but not 80s/90s, until at least June that is. The nice weather is starting to backfire big time with all the fires starting up and a looming drought unless we get a soaker soon, looks like we might have a shot next week at some decent rains.

We've already been having nice weather. Has it been pouring and in the 40's and I didn't notice?

Archived