• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April outlook - will the warmth continue?

Isotherm

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Mt Holly disco for the next 5 days seems all over the map and Im confused as all heck as to what is going to happen. Looks like confidence is very low for the upcoming period.

Warm front tries to come through tonight with rain/storms and 850mb warm air advection. We could clear out tomorrow afternoon and with 850 temps over 10 C get well into the 70's. Backdoor front takes over on Thursday with low level E flow. Probably 10 degrees cooler. More unsettled weather Thu/Fri but it will get warmer as the warmer air finally pushes past the marine layer.

Loop the NAM and check out the 850mb temps for a good idea of what's going on aloft.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/ETAPA_18z/etaloop.html

0z NAM gets even warmer than the previous runs and the other models for tomorrow with 80 just SW of the city tomorrow and cloud cover clearing around 2 PM. The NAM is the warmest model right now, although upper 70s or 80 degrees may very well be within reach in NE NJ if the cloud cover clears as modeled.

It's been pouring here for the last 1/2 hour, don't know totals yet. Thunder just had to wake me up 2 hours before my alarm clock was supposed to.

At least the reward is that now it may get up to 80 degrees all the way up through NE NJ today according to the NAM.

really? we will be out probably around 10, this stuff is moving off and will be done shortly and sun will be out late morning on with temps in the upper 70s later.

For me its a huge waste of money to start at 10....but i dont cut as many lawns as u do

Archived