• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Boredom/Banter thread..Nothing but normal to slightly above

Damage In Tolland

I never said that. I and several others mentioned that with troughing in the northeast, you increase your chances of precip. Indeed we had storms develop, just a bit further to the northeast. The pattern coming up is different as we possibly could warm up for a few days and then have a front stall nearby. Eventually we'll get rain as the patterns kind of shift around.

In times of drought..continue to go dry

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't a dry begets dry deal. That doesn't happen in April. It's more for areas down south where drought limits things like the normal garden variety aftn tstms in the summer. This is purely a function of the pattern.

Over/under for the rest of the month at the 4 SNE climo sites.. 1.5 inches

I say under at all 4..

This is going to be big for the mountains... April cut-off season delivering the goods.

1.45 degree scan out of BTV showing how terrain oriented the precipitation is. Nothing happening in Burlington at all (maybe even some breaks in the clouds over the lake?) and then only a couple miles east it is pouring/dumping depending on elevation.

Snowing pancakes at around 2,000ft... tonight when the snow level drops should be real interesting in the BTV western slope suburbs and ski towns.

Snowing hard at Pico/Killington area right now... they are up above 2,000ft for base elevations I believe.

Tree pollen is off the charts right now, my wife is miserable and I have had itchy eyes even though I've never had allergies.

The wind is making me crazy.

Going to be an ugly pollen season. Kev should start a thread fire and brimstone on that too. No rain, winds, pollen misery.

I just popped a sudafed which means in an hour or two I turn into snownh.

Nothing more than mangled flakes mixed with rain here. We've head steady upslope precipitation for several hours now. It isn't much, but it will keep the fire danger down a bit. Given that I had some flakes, I bet 2K had some minor accumulations.

We had a good period of snow earlier and things whitened up quickly. Just a ripping NW wind, cloudy, temps around freezing. Perfect April weather. We should have some more bouts with snow this week. Nice.

This is going to be big for the mountains... April cut-off season delivering the goods.

1.45 degree scan out of BTV showing how terrain oriented the precipitation is. Nothing happening in Burlington at all (maybe even some breaks in the clouds over the lake?) and then only a couple miles east it is pouring/dumping depending on elevation.

Snowing pancakes at around 2,000ft... tonight when the snow level drops should be real interesting in the BTV western slope suburbs and ski towns.

I don't think it drops much below 1,500ft tonight except maybe near the spine. BTV's local WRF drops places near Walden, VT and the immediate spine below freezing tonight with precip enhancement near the ridges and immediate spine and to the west.

I don't think it drops much below 1,800ft tonight. BTV's local WRF drops places near Walden, VT and the immediate spine below freezing tonight with precip enhancement near the ridges and immediate spine and to the west.

Web cam shows it snowing at the Stowe base lodge at 1500 feet right now.

Web cam shows it snowing at the Stowe base lodge at 1500 feet right now.

Let me re-phrase that because I think snow mixes in in a lot of base areas and it may be all snow with temps near 35F. Accumulating snows will be confined to areas above 1800ft.

Summits are going to MAKE OUT with this. Probably close to a foot.

Let me re-phrase that because I think snow mixes in in a lot of base areas and it may be all snow with temps near 35F. Accumulating snows will be confined to areas above 1800ft.

Summits are going to MAKE OUT with this. Probably close to a foot.

It's accumulating on grassy surfaces already at 1500. Nice event underway,,

It's accumulating on grassy surfaces already at 1500. Nice event underway,,

Should definitely be nice above base level. According to wunderground, its 35F at 1640ft in Stowe (idk if thats at Stowe?). The majority of the event occurs before 6z (1.25-1.50" according to the BTV WRF which does very well with these events) and 0.25"-0.50" after 6z which is when accumulating snow levels will probably sink down to maybe 1,000ft in the spine, 1,500ft elsewhere in N VT.

Should definitely be nice above base level. According to wunderground, its 35F at 1640ft in Stowe (idk if thats at Stowe?). The majority of the event occurs before 6z (1.25-1.50" according to the BTV WRF which does very well with these events) and 0.25"-0.50" after 6z which is when accumulating snow levels will probably sink down to maybe 1,000ft in the spine, 1,500ft elsewhere in N VT.

The Wunderground station at 1,640ft is on the roof of the Johnson Mountain Cabin (privately owned) and it is where this web cam is from:

This is a very accurate station except at night it can run a little high as it is off the ground a bit and I notice it usually will keep a pesky wind around when over at Mountain Ops we are calm and colder. Otherwise, its a very accurate temp reading and station.

However, there is some slushy accumulation going on now at 1,500ft... the weather station on the Johnson Mountain Cabin is 100-150ft higher than this web cam:

Archived