Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Boredom/Banter thread..Nothing but normal to slightly above

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

43/33, a blustery day with snowshowers on and off. Had a decent period of snow this AM. About 3/4" at 2k. In other news I'm getting reports that Forky is stalking me and has developed an unhealthy infatuation with me. I feel threatened and feel I should report this behavior to the administration if it continues. Thanks for the notes of concern guys. I appreciate you watching out for me.

Hate to be bearer of bad news..but just going back and forth with Gibbs..says dry/drought pattern continues for next 4 weeks..and that it;s very possible that this dryness directly feed back into a dry,hot summer

You reported him saying April would be a torch wire to wire North to South. Ooops.

Hate to be bearer of bad news..but just going back and forth with Gibbs..says dry/drought pattern continues for next 4 weeks..and that it;s very possible that this dryness directly feed back into a dry,hot summer

I think I said to you earlier that it could happen if we indeed have a widespread drought across the country. As Nino develops..nrn tier tends to be warm. However, the srn Plains and eventually the south I think are going to get rain and a good amount. Already seeing that in TX. So, having that source region of many of our torches wet, may help some.

Anyways, that won't have a huge impact on us regardless..at least imo. Don't forget Kevin...I'm not saying SS rains..just some rain.

I think I said to you earlier that it could happen if we indeed have a widespread drought across the country. As Nino develops..nrn tier tends to be warm. However, the srn Plains and eventually the south I think are going to get rain and a good amount. Already seeing that in TX. So, having that source region of many of our torches wet, may help some.

Anyways, that won't have a huge impact on us anyways..at least imo. Don't forget Kevin...I'm not saying SS rains..just some rain.

I think the fear many of us have is our hottest/driest summers tend to happen when the heat builds over the top.. Like when southern and eastern Canada torches and that heat dome just sits there and and pumps up and over the top of the ridge and we just roast on that dry w/nw flow.

I hate those kinds of summers. 90's everyday with no humidity and eveything just bakes and withers up..And you get very little severe wx as the dryness just feeds back on itself

I think the fear many of us have is our hottest/driest summers tend to happen when the heat builds over the top.. Like when southern and eastern Canada torches and that heat dome just sits there and and pumps up and over the top of the ridge and we just roast on that dry w/nw flow.

I hate those kinds of summers. 90's everyday with no humidity and eveything just bakes and withers up..And you get very little severe wx as the dryness just feeds back on itself

I'm still not buying that hot dry summer scenario. Lets chat this up two months from now and see how we look. It's doesn't mean we won't see below normal...very well might..but not sure of the dust bowl scenario you envision.

On a side note, we are likely due for a dry year after all the wet years we had recently. Just the nature of climo.

43/33, a blustery day with snowshowers on and off. Had a decent period of snow this AM. About 3/4" at 2k.

Awesome Pete! I knew you'd get some accumulating snow out of this event. Nice to see the white ground, huh?

And with all the talk of dry weather and droughts, just like in winter, I'm happy that in a dry pattern we can score some rain thanks to the mountains. It has been pouring all day here in town. I know the radar doesn't see over the Spine but given some of the Wunderground stations around, I have to think most of the towns around the mountains have picked up 0.5-1.5" of rainfall so far today.

The rivers are now running very healthy and almost muddy brown, as you'd expect from a day of heavy rains in the low elevations.

I love this storm total precip out of BTV... light trace amounts of rain in Burlington proper, while a few miles away is getting steady 1"+ rainfall so far with a lot more coming tonight, tomorrow, and into Wednesday. Mini-drought buster and I bet the low elevations below 1,000ft around here green up very quickly once this is done.

Haven't seen it rain like this in a while down here... just a pouring wind driven rain. Reminds me of an October nor'easter or something.

Long lead on this one, we chatted this up last week. Prolific setup, neat to see the stake well over 3 feet again. Great shots, enjoy the skinning.

Haven't seen it rain like this in a while down here... just a pouring wind driven rain. Reminds me of an October nor'easter or something.

I'm fighting the urge to take the ski shuttle up. I've got to keep my nose to the grindstone. AK now less than 10 days away. Getting totally stoked watching some big mountain descents right now. Going to hit some sick stuff, can't wait, finding it hard to sleep. I start thinking about dropping in off a huge cornice and my heart rate goes up and I get a mini rush and it totally wakes me up.lol Sometimes in the summer I think about a line I've skied the Winter before and I get totally tweeked, so great. A free high anytime.

Long lead on this one, we chatted this up last week. Prolific setup, neat to see the stake well over 3 feet again. Great shots, enjoy the skinning.

Yeah just never thought the orographic lift would produce *this* much QPF...

3,700ft at the Mansfield Co-Op had picked up around 2" of liquid (1.98") as of 4pm.

Now as of 8pm, at 1,600ft the Stowe wunderground station has picked up 1.90" of liquid equivalent today.

I don't care what event it is, when you're getting 1.5-2"+ of liquid in basically a 12 hour period that's a pretty steady rain and it shows no sign of stopping anytime soon.

The river in town is running pretty darn swiftly right now.

I have to think most of the towns around the mountains have picked up 0.5-1.5" of rainfall so far today.

Yeah, 0.84” in the gauge here as of 7:00 P.M., so just like you’re thinking. Looking through my records, I think this is the first one of these maritime spinners we’ve had all season. We should find a way to order these up more often.

I'm fighting the urge to take the ski shuttle up. I've got to keep my nose to the grindstone. AK now less than 10 days away. Getting totally stoked watching some big mountain descents right now. Going to hit some sick stuff, can't wait, finding it hard to sleep. I start thinking about dropping in off a huge cornice and my heart rate goes up and I get a mini rush and it totally wakes me up.lol Sometimes in the summer I think about a line I've skied the Winter before and I get totally tweeked, so great. A free high anytime.

Man I can totally relate to those feelings. I still get rushes thinking of some epic snow days, also get that feeling remembering the total rush a 15-20 foot wave ride brought. It's insane now thinking back to what I did, enjoy bro, enjoy.

Man I can totally relate to those feelings. I still get rushes thinking of some epic snow days, also get that feeling remembering the total rush a 15-20 foot wave ride brought. It's insane now thinking back to what I did, enjoy bro, enjoy.

Just think of how much fun we had that afternoon just bombing around the B'east.lol So great. I feel sorry for those that don't know that rush. We'll miss you at the GTG.

Just think of how much fun we had that afternoon just bombing around the B'east.lol So great. I feel sorry for those that don't know that rush. We'll miss you at the GTG.

Yea, despite the bad snow season some pretty epic days of skiing were had by the members of this forum, Halloween, the 4 foot dump you guys nailed in VT was special, even my surreal week of summer skiing was special. Some see nothing but dirt all the time while others find the hidden jewels.

Sucks about the GTG but cash rules the roost these days. Have fun.

Yea, despite the bad snow season some pretty epic days of skiing were had by the members of this forum, Halloween, the 4 foot dump you guys nailed in VT was special, even my surreal week of summer skiing was special. Some see nothing but dirt all the time while others find the hidden jewels.

Sucks about the GTG but cash rules the roost these days. Have fun.

I hear you on the cash. I'm kicking out the work like my hair is on fire. Work hard, play hard. It's a good credo.

video and pics coming out of milford are impressive, metro north shut down. Its only going to get worse over the coming days, its desert dry.

Im nervous about leaving my home this week. Its getting damn serious

You'll be fine. You don't live in SoCal. Go have fun knucklehead.

Yeah, 0.84” in the gauge here as of 7:00 P.M., so just like you’re thinking. Looking through my records, I think this is the first one of these maritime spinners we’ve had all season. We should find a way to order these up more often.

That big upslope event in late February was pretty similar I think... at least in the stalled, cut-off position near the tip of northern Maine. That was a combination synoptic and upslope precipitation with cyclonic moisture feed from the surface to H5... probably about as similar to this as we'll find this year.

I think the bottom line is a surface low in the Maritimes or northern Maine will be very productive, especially if its cut-off in the mid levels just wrapping moisture around at all levels to keep the RH high as its forced into the mountains.

I was just up at 1,500-1,600ft and its dumping very wet snow... huge 1" diameter flakes at times. Having a very hard time trying to accumulate though at 1,500ft (falling slush) but as earlier, I bet up at 2,000ft and above it is having no trouble.

Archived